A trio of firsts!

robby4570

Elite Member
Starting with a permission that I thought I'd never get as the owner is an LLC out of state. But I finally found the right contact person and with one phone call I was given permission to hit a site that dates to 1908 and was a public use site daily into the 1950's. There's even still a building foundation in one area and the scars of another one on the site. The whole site is roughly 10 acres so this site has a LOT of potential. I have to believe that there has got to be some Silver there to be had. Additionally this is the first hunt of 2016 for me and the first hunt since my elbow injury. Hopefully the hunting will produce some goodies and there will be a video later this week. Stay tuned in!

area 51.jpg
Here's a shot of about 1/3 of the site. Some identifying areas have been "bricked" out...

Lord! You may want to wear a bib to keep the drool off your shirt! Daily usage right through the KEY years!

I imagine you are as excited as Bill Clinton at a beauty contest about that place!

Go give it a sweep and report back! WooWee...if you are the first one in there?
Mud

Last edited:
Well, it was a site I drive by regularly, I knew a bit about the history of it. It had been a railroad depot on a line carrying passengers from about 1908 through the 1950's at least. I didn't know that the building had burned down in 2007, and also didn't know that the fire was so hot that it melted the plastic light covers on the fire truck sitting 50 or more yards away. The ground is so full of trash along with nails and melted blobs of metal that my detector stayed nulled out so much I finally opened the screen up and tried to run with no discrimination. I was using the NEL Sharpshooter and it still really frustrated me. I also am still recovering from a wrist/arm/elbow injury on my swinging arm so by about an hour in I was really aching but I pressed on for a total of 4 hours. I will go back since I do have the permission secured and in fact a Police Officer came by and checked my permission, then said "OK, you're fine, have a great time and good luck!" So I guess I'll try my Sovereign with the 5 inch Detech coil, maybe spend some time tweaking settings on the E-Trac and we'll see what happens.

I was also trying out a new camera, I have some refinements to make there as well...

Here's the video, so much as it is. I did get a couple "whatsit" items. I'm mostly curious about the long item in case anyone can identify it.

yes the long item as you call it is used in overhead power lines .. the hole is hooked on my a fiberglass pole to dis-connect the fuse they also use it like a switch to turn off power from the pole to do repairs

found a few myself

Back
Top Bottom