Always leave your details when door knocking.

bodkin

Elite Member
Hello all.

I have just had a phone call and the number was unknown. "Hello", "Hello, I'm Mike" came the reply. He says that I called in to his place at the end of the Summer asking if I could detect one of his fields...... My brain is doing ten to the dozen trying to recall my inquiry..... I asked whereabouts he was and bingo! The Penny drops. I called into a house near to where I had been detecting and finding a James I Shilling and other old and interesting bits, to ask for permission because one of their fields was adjacent. Upon knocking, a lady came to the door. I briefly explained why I was there and as always, handed over one of my "bodkin's detecting info packs". "Not now" she said, then explained that her husband was very poorly and that it looked like he didn't have long left..... You can imagine how I felt! It was the first time that has happened to me..... An overwhelming feeling of embarrassment and horror washed over me. I apologised for disturbing them and turned to leave. "But do come back sometime" she said as I got to the car.

So, it sounds like the chap's health has improved to the point where I am meeting him on Saturday afternoon as he is keen to show me the three and a half acres he'd like me to detect! If I remember correctly, this should all be my favourite...... well grazed pasture.

:D

Good thinking bodkin . Bring a second machine. Maybe you guys are looking for something very important or of significant value and you do not know it yet. :)
Maybe when you get there he will tell you is father birdied a pile of gold out there. Or maybe he lost a wedding ring or some other important gift .
I am thinking there may be some reason you have gotten the call. Good luck , Dew

Good thinking bodkin . Bring a second machine. Maybe you guys are looking for something very important or of significant value and you do not know it yet. :)
Maybe when you get there he will tell you is father birdied a pile of gold out there. Or maybe he lost a wedding ring or some other important gift .
I am thinking there may be some reason you have gotten the call. Good luck , Dew

I think he is keen on the local history but yes, he could be sitting on some juicy info!

Back
Top Bottom