Childsplay

Hdnsouth

Forum Supporter
Here goes in the fall I went to a friends for the Missouri deer hunting season I worked with him until he retired he is now in his mid 70s and he ask me if I would be willing to bring my metal detectors down and help him search for a coin collection left to him by his grandparents that he thought had been stolen his daughter had just told him what had happened. Around 50 years ago his daughter when playing with her dolls would improvise and use his coins as plates not knowing any better or the value monetary or personal and returned to the house one day to find her Dad very upset and talking to the county sheriff and reporting the collection stolen she only knew how mad he was and how much trouble she would most likely be in and got scared and went back out and threw the coins in the pasture at the time the family operated a dairy farm the land is still in the family and has always been pasture never plowed or built on at least not while owned by them. Now with winter backing off and trying to hit the window before ticks and chiggers are eating us alive we are planning the hunt that should take place in the next few weeks. Hoping everyone's memory is still intact especially hers because it's not a small pasture. She was probably correct in her assumption of how much trouble she'd have been in and feels bad about it and wants them recovered if possible. When my friend was telling me about it he was laughing strange how what's important changes so much as we get older. This is in Jasper county Missouri very close to Joplin that just got ripped to pieces a couple years ago by a tornado so who knows what else may have been relocated to the area. I'll let you all know how it turns out and with any luck have some pictures for the story and finds are of the forum. Good luck to me I think I'll need it.

Good luck . I wish you the best . Keep us posted . That would be cool having a specific target you're looking for instead of just out randomly looking , I haven't had that opportunity yet .

Hey HD south great story , wish you the best in your search for the family .
Go Low And Slow
HH Ricki

Back
Top Bottom