• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I feel sorry for the young ones

That's talent..all of what was played took talent. Now today's time we have too much synthesized music,nothing sounds natural or comes from talent even voices are auto tuned so that's not even real. I grew up in the 70's but I listen to older music and my daughters have gotten into it as well.

I wasn't born until the early 80's but I always liked the mid 70's for music when bands like Boston started cranking out hits like this.

Rudy,
As a musician I agree with you. Bands like Bread, America, Tijuana Brass, and so many others that provided great songs with talent. Today's music requires high tec electronics to compete for their market share.

There is something to be said for the music of the 80's though. The music of the 80's pioneered many new sounds and genres.

I have a very diverse taste in music. I listen to music from 20's on up to today. Of course I have my favorites but that's just a matter of opinion.

Working in the entertainment/media industry myself, I was thinking about this and the fact that movies just aren't the same anymore either. But... it's the evolution of things. Bulletin Boards (BBS') turned into the Internet. Film went digital. Music got synthesized. Movies have changed dramatically... heck a PG movie in the 80's and early 90's could have nudity and language in it... Now, more than 1 "F" bomb and it's an instant R rating, even a little skin exposure will provide you with an R rating. Politics... well you get the point.

Imagine what it will be like 10 years from now when the new cohorts start having a say in society. :shock:

My brother played a 12-string, and I remember him learning to play Classical Gas.
Thanks for the memory jog Rudy.

My truck always has credence clearwater on deck. Today's music has energy, but it's not the same kind energy music had in the late 60's early 70's.

What I think I miss more than just any certain song or band is how the radio stations used to play every genre of music and not just one. I loved listening to my transistor radio at night and hearing rock, motown, and country all mixed in together. You just don't get that anymore.

Very cool Rudy. I grew up in the 60's and love hearing that music. Thanks for the trip back in time.;)

During my recent cross country drive, I was listening to a live recording of Neil Young from his early days....on this recording he was talking about his music and during one story he was telling, you could hear him trying to figure out how to play this tune....he was asking the crowd if they knew who did this...

I'm surprised he did not know who it was....

HDD

Last edited:
Thanks, guess we have more than one nostalgia fan on this forum. :yes:

And to the person that recalled how radio stations played a mixed genre of music. You are right. If they hadn't, many of us wouldn't have heard some really great songs from the likes of Skeeter Davis (Angel of the morning, the end of the world,...), Dusty Springfield (Son of a preacher man, you don't have to say you love me,...),...

I missed the 60s, but caught the 70s and 80s and don't miss any of that...

IMO some of the best happened long before the term "rock and roll" came out...

And we are lucky enough that there are still some pretty dang good kids up and coming to the market....

Like where did this guy come from? (one of my favorite new artists)

I do like some of the mid 80s through mid 90s metal for sure though...

<*)))>{

I miss the 60's & 70's too.

I usually listen to music from that era on Youtube while reading this forum, the best of both worlds.

Those of us who are young-uns often still had good parents who brought us up with good music! I still prefer a lot of the 60s and 70s music to anything modern.

Hey I still have an eight track in my truck works just fine. CCR and Johnny Cash still sound pretty good on it:lol:

I guess it all depends on your era, my grandfather was born in 33' and big band was all he ever played when we drove around in his car. To him that was the epitome of music haha. I started liking some of it, I miss driving around with him playing it.

Born in 95 but I love "oldies." I listen to Huey Lewis and the News, the Steve Miller Band, Elvis, and others, :cool: as well as music from the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s (most of the music they come out with today is junk IMO).

Back
Top Bottom