Poor Mans DFX

CyberSage

Elite Member
Hello All!
    Just a note to let you know the "Discovery 3300" AKA "Titan 3000" is still available from some Radio Shacks for $97.00.  You just have to start calling around to locate one. Some stores won't know what your talking about, while others will say they can order you one and ship it to your front door.  I just read to many good things about it and it fit my budget ...so I had to bite.
    Going to sell my "Pioneer EX". I took the 3300 out today and re-worked a few places that I had detected with the Pioneer. WOW! what a mind blowing experience.  I found so much more, and the pinpointing was right on the money (That was punny ;-).  Once I learned to ground balance it was smooth sailing. I am very new at MDing but this unit seems to work well.

Jack

Re: Poor Mans DXF

I think you got a great deal. I bought a Discovery 3300 in May 2005. I've had a lot of fun learning how to operate it. This forum has some very knowledgeable members that have given me a lot of solutions to my problems. The detector I bought had a 90 day warranty and broke down the end of August. I called First Texas and they repaired it at no charge! I also purchased a larger and smaller set of coils. Both have really worked well. I've found 1200 coins over the last 3 weeks. Many at sites I'd visited previously. I found that a set of headphones extended the battery life about 3x what it was when I was operating it without them. Thanks for the info. I'm going to try and pick up another for a buddy of mine. Good luck hunting. Howard

Re: Poor Mans DXF

Glad that it works so well for you, I must of had a dud,my 3300 couldn't find a car if you buried it at 1 inch deep. Wouldn't surprise me if someone brought the one I had back to the store with a problem & they just sit it back in the box and resold it to me. Wait a minute Radio Shack wouldn't do that (YEAH RIGHT). Might try one again some time. Steve.

I did notice that there does seem to be a DUD factor with this unit. It seems like you get a great one or one that can't find a tuba covered with kleenex.

Jack

I agree with you all. Had mine 2 months and would be on but wouldnt detect anything sent it back in 2 times to get it fixed. Finally it works now. I do really like it. Maybe some day i will get a better machine. For now it is doing good.

Back
Top Bottom