HELP on buying a metal detector

S

specialme1

I want to buy a metal detector but I don't know which is the best. I found a lot of informations about that on http://www.METAL-DETECTOR-REVIEW.COM and I want to know more about which model is ideal for treasure hunting. Any recommendations would be appreciated, make and model, etc)

Thanks.

going to need a lot more info. from you then what you have said so far.... where are you hunting, type of soil, water, sand.etc. what you are hunting for, coins, gold. etc. with this added info. you will get some help.

There are different factors to consider depending on your specific hunting needs,  features of the detector you feel are important to you, and also your price range.

The best advice I can give you is to buy the best detector you can comfortably afford now. It avoids the "darn, I should of bought a better one" one week down the road.

No matter which  detector you chose, stick with a name brand (Whites, Fisher, Garrett, Minelab), you won't be disapointed.

Research the detectors and decide which features are important to you. Ask questions here, as there are lots of people here willing to help for the love of the hobby.

Another option would be to find a metal detecting club in your area and go to a meeting. This way you could see and maybe even try out a few.

Noone can type to you which detector would be best for you. That's up to you to decide, depending on the factors I mentioned above.   

I would stick to either a local or a well known online dealer with a good reputation. There are a few that support this forum that will treat you right.

But your absolutely on the right track.  Your researching and asking questions.

Whatever you decide, good luck and welcome.  :P

Back
Top Bottom