Which coil for T2 classic ?

bibelot

Forum Supporter
Have been looking and I am lost once again. Nel sharp shooter or Mars sniper coil ? Which one would you choose and why ?Like a idiot I posted this in the teknetics group discussion. It fell on deaf ears as no one ever participates there any more.

Thanks for all of the responses. I think I am going with the Nel sharp shooter. It's $16 cheaper than the Mars. I often wonder why Teknetics built the coil so the mount is not center of the coil ? It is hellish heavy when snow clings to it.Muddy's bag a coil doesn't sound so weird after all.It seems the faster you can swing the coil on the T2, the better it responds for depth.I can't wait to be a center mounted coil on it. Might look into the Mars 10 x 12 butterfly next or a 10.5 x 14.5 Nel Thunder coil.

No one here uses a t2 ?

I'm thinking of a detach 8x6 butterfly coil or the 13" ultimate coil. I found the 8x6 for sale in england, apparently we don't have a need for them here in The USA.

I've had the t2 and it's really hard to beat that stock coil.That thing is so fast it just picks out coins from junk.That being said,I had the sharpshooter coil for my f75,which is basically the same machine as a t2..I used it a few times and went right back to the stock coil,,it's just not that much of a difference imo..those t2 and f75 with they're stock coils are deadly in the worst of junk.

Thank you for the response. I sort of hate the stock coils mounting location. It really sucks with added snow clumped to it. I think I am after a center mounted coil to try to see if it makes a difference.

I have the T2 and the sharpshooter coil. I think the balance of the sharpshooter coil on the T2 is perfect.

I've read the same thing over at U.K. forums. What is bothering me is the depth is about the same as the stock coil. I'm at odds with spending money for the same result but it really isn't the same result, the tone will be sharper, more balanced coil to swing.....This winter is bad as I have more time to think or should I say dream but I am trying to scheme illusions of grandeur performance for the dollar. The result obviously will be something sliding towards impractical or at least that has been my previous track record so far.:laughing:

I have the T2 and the sharpshooter coil. I think the balance of the sharpshooter coil on the T2 is perfect.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I may choose a wide array of coils designated for the T2 and draw one coil name out of a hat until I most likely end up with them all.:lol: One draw back I see already is that the new Teknetics Patriot will need an entirely different coil connector.

Thank you for the response. I sort of hate the stock coils mounting location. It really sucks with added snow clumped to it. I think I am after a center mounted coil to try to see if it makes a difference.

Didn't know you had snow sticking to your coil,then it would make sense to get a sharpshooter coil..I just prefer the stock for coverage,I mostly hunt big areas...Good luck,t2 is a great machine.

Hands down, the NEL Sharpshooter Search Coil. Period

It gets around the same depth as the stock coil, it's easier to pin-point with, it's better balanced, it can get into tighter places and best of all, it handles EMI better.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom