I feel sorry for the young ones

Ive never been a music fan necessarily , to me its just background noise but I do recognize how a familiar song can bring back a memory instantly.

People in the sixties were saying the same thing , they feel sorry for the new generation that didnt grow up during the 30's or 40's , etc.

That gives me the opinion that its not the music people enjoy necessarily , but the memories from that era the music inspires. But thats not a bad thing really.

Newer music from today sounds all the same , there isnt anything unique any more , like they all just copy each other.

Music is an art and as an art its quality rating depends on the listener.

There has been people who are musically talented ever since the stone age. Now.... I would like to say GOOD music is more than just music played by talented individuals. Very.. Very few songs are multi generational and what most consider good music is music played by talented individuals that is relevant to the time period. Everybody likes to look back on there childhood time period and hence why most people think the music from there childhood is the best music ever.

I will agree that most rap music is not music at all but more of a musical poem..... but seeing how a lot of it is about womanizing and shooting people.. I am going to go ahead and say most RAP is !!!!.

Now that's not to say there hasn't been some good talented music that has hit the charts recently.

Never was a chart topper but very talented albeit unconventional. For a small band from Norway to put together a video like that with little processional help is impressive.

Another recent band that sprang up out of nowhere. She is only 16 in this video.

and if you think the current generation cant play instruments... check this out:

Comedians, musicians, and showmen.... all in one.:lol:

Honestly, When it comes to music and specifically putting on a show for entertainment... I think the most talented in the past 100 years was Michael Jackson.... and I don't even like him as a person, but if you put your bias aside.... you have to give him credit. He could sing, write music, dance, and play instruments. Most of the best people that are alive in those categories tip there hat to Michael.

Back in the day, I belonged to an organization called D.R.E.A.D.
It stood for Detroit Rockers Engaged in the Abolition of Disco. Somewhere I still have my DREAD card.

Ted Nugent once said, "I love disco...it keeps those people away from my concerts." :rofl:

:laughing: that's pretty good, and Nugent is great in concert, got to see him once in the old days and again in the 90s. If anything he improved with age.

Cuchi cichi gal

Those here past a certain age likely recall a blonde dynamo, known as Charo. Charo is short for Rosario. Her full name is Maria Rosario Pilar Martinez Molina Baeza. Born in Murcia, Spain.

What most American don't know is that Charo learned to play the guitar at an early age and studied under the world-famous master of Flamenco guitar, Andrés Segovia. Although most knew her in this country in her role as a dippy blonde that shook her booty, in Spain she was known for her flamenco guitar playing prowes.

Back
Top Bottom