Capped Bust and Spanish Real in less than 2 hours

SilverSal

Well the corn finally came down in a field I have been waiting to get on. I researched this area beforehand and this field was part of a village that was gone before 1900. Well research paid off! 1827 Capped bust dime, my second capped bust of the year, and a 1778 Spanish 2 Reales with a counter stamp, which is now my oldest silver coin ever. Was a great 2 hours and am going back repeatedly until I can't break through the ice...Thanks for looking

Attachments

• dimefront.jpg
    dimefront.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 488
  • dimeback.jpg
    dimeback.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 489
  • dimedirt.jpg
    dimedirt.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 506
  • realefront.jpg
    realefront.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 478
  • realeback.jpg
    realeback.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 457
  • realedirt.jpg
    realedirt.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 472
Congrats on the stellar hunt! 2 amazing finds in 2 hours?! Yeah, I'd have to head back there too! Good luck and let us know what else you find.

In unrelated news, the Mega Millions will top 1B this Friday. I am not saying you buy a ticket, but I would. Great hunt!!!

BCD

Ive hunted the hell out of countless old sites and have only found one bust dime and no 2 reales. The countermark makes it even better imo

Fantastic outing Sal. A dream outing for most. Dug my first Capped Bust last week but doubt very much that I will ever see any Spanish Silver on or in my hunting grounds. Hope your return trips to this site become as fruitful. Congrats! Trapper

Alls it takes is one great find and bam you are hooked !

Wow I would of been stoked and would of lost sleep thinking about my next time hunting .

Back
Top Bottom