At pro vs nox 600

L0S3R

Elite Member
I’ll be upgrading from a bounty hunter come tax time. My choices are at pro or nox 600. No other detectors or versions matter. I’m leaning towards the nox but can I get some pros and cons, or some experienced opinions. The at max and nox 800 are definitely not an option. My mind is set on 1 of these 2. Please help lol

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring

Why get a single freq machine when you can get a multi freq machine? It’s the nox all day long!! Don’t waste your money on a at pro or max!! Just watch calabash’s video on the subject

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't speak on the AT Pro performance because at first sight I knew I wouldn't like the small control box/ display. I don't know how old you are but as we get older, the eyeballs get weaker. And yes I know, audio before TID but why pay for TID if you can't see it that well as compared to not just the Equinox but other machines with nice big readable displays. The buttons on the AT Pro control panel are small and close together for someone with big fingers like myself. So without even ever turning one on, I was turned off.
I really like my Equinox 600. It has a big readable display, it's lightweight but most of all it separates targets super fast and finds the goodies even when they are married to trash in the ground. I hunt a lot of parks and schoolyards. The Equinox really tells me what's in the ground and it can go deep. My last hunt, I was running sensitivity only on 18 and was plucking dimes and copper pennies easily at 8". I like that I can hunt in multi-frequency but can also double check a target in single frequency. This really helps with pesky bottle caps. Just my $.02
Good luck with whatever detector you go with. The important thing is to get out there and have fun.:yes:

I use an AT Pro and I love it!!! It is very user friendly and with enough time behind the coil you can find just about anything...Very solid performer!!! That being said, I have been eyeballing the NOX 600/800 for a potential upgrade at some point. The main reason, thus far, is I'd like a quality multi-freq. machine to use when I'm down south on the coast. The ATP just doesn't do great in saltwater conditions, but I will keep it as a solid backup.

I can't say anything on the performance of the NOX, but the ATP is a quality machine and will get the job done. Check out YouTube for videos on both. Oh, one more thing about the Garrett product line, their customer service is second to none!!! Some of the best I've seen!!!

Good luck on whatever machine you go with.

dear sir I was going to choose the at pro or at gold or forensics either one of them are great affordable durable and you can replace the coil and shaft cuff grip easily where nox gotta ship it in. Minelab is good on warranty stuff, however as you maybe arent aware of the parts arent readily available. whereas at pro is. besides it take affordable batteries and such. the other is different it works great the screen in the handle atached to shaft which imo doesnt look very secure like atpro does. anyway the coils on atpro, some companies have made lighter coils that imo work better than the garrett coils. just do a little research. theyre both vlf machines so you get what you get. nox will find alot more small pieces than the at pro very small but in certain instances so will some garrett detectors that are less money but have better coils on then.... besides the headphone connector is proprietary to that equinox. If you do get that equinox maybe want to get ahold of toni eisenhower youtube personality, the name is because he maybe get you to someone that knows the headphone adaptor stuff. the headphojnes arent waterproof yet as far as I know. I use the PI machine garrett infinium ls which works great in ocean finding those deep 19 deep rotting hair pins:lol:

I would have to choose the Equinox 600 over the AT PRO as I have used the ATP and still own one but my experience with the ATP has not been a good one it does find things as long as those things are not over 6 inches deep I have had my ATP since 2010 and still to this day it and I never did click

just my 2 cents worth

This is what I posted for IfindFe:

I’ve owned 3 AT Pros and found the atp to be a decent detector. I did find the atp slightly nose heavy with the standard coil. So, most of the time, I would hunt with the small coil which gave the atp better balance and was a great little coil.

My recommendation though is for the Minelab Equinox 600 or 800. (I know you mentioned the 800 was off the table).
Lighter weight, multi-frequency, water proof, better TID and better screen to name just a few of the many features.

Do the research and see what you think.
Best of luck

I have used the AT pro for years but bought a Nox 600 a few months back. It was a good choice , even though the pro is a decent detector the nox is so much more detector for the money and it has made a huge difference. I may never use the pro again....

I have used the AT pro for years but bought a Nox 600 a few months back. It was a good choice , even though the pro is a decent detector the nox is so much more detector for the money and it has made a huge difference. I may never use the pro again....

I knew you were a smart man!!! I’ll be in ohio oct 25th hunting with Joe Toth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, I’ve been leaning more towards the nox. I just needed some experienced opinions. I’ve happy to hear it seems the nox is what I hoped.

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring

This is what I posted for IfindFe:

I’ve owned 3 AT Pros and found the atp to be a decent detector. I did find the atp slightly nose heavy with the standard coil. So, most of the time, I would hunt with the small coil which gave the atp better balance and was a great little coil.

My recommendation though is for the Minelab Equinox 600 or 800. (I know you mentioned the 800 was off the table).
Lighter weight, multi-frequency, water proof, better TID and better screen to name just a few of the many features.

Do the research and see what you think.
Best of luck

The only thing the Equinox has better IDs on are the nickels.

Back
Top Bottom