Detectors that go 15-20 feet deep?

eng82

Hi all. I'm new to this amazing forum, found it while looking for a detector to purchase. I need a detector that can go as far as 15 to 20 feet. I will be hunting for gold (coins in large quantities, statues, and gold bars) and really can't find anything that can go that deep. I also would like the detector to detect caves/cavities in addition to gold.

I really would appreciate any help!!!

Hi all. I'm new to this amazing forum, found it while looking for a detector to purchase. I need a detector that can go as far as 15 to 20 feet. I will be hunting for gold (coins in large quantities, statues, and gold bars) and really can't find anything that can go that deep. I also would like the detector to detect caves/cavities in addition to gold.

I really would appreciate any help!!!

Kellyco has some on their site...but they are gonna cost ya!!!!:D:yes::D

Dusty

You probably should be looking for a name brand "two box" type of metal detector. There are a lot of "too good to be true" type products, usually having the word "locator" as part of their name. Stay away from those. They are "wallet mining" machines that will just syphon the money from your wallet.

Whites TM-808 comes to mind but i know there are others that are supposed to do just what you are looking for.

"(coins in large quantities, statues, and gold bars)"

Alrighty then. I get giddy finding a Mercury dime I guess I need to up the ante a tad.

I would stick with the name brands as Rudy said, some of the so called super deep cache machines I have seen look to be hoax's, I am not saying they are but some of the claims seem to be very unlikely. I would go with the Whites TM808 it claims to hit targets 15-20 foot if they are large enough and Whites is a long standing and reliable company. Also at around 700 bucks it's a bargain compared to some of the others.

I will be hunting in a place that used be part of Alexander's empire back in the days. I know the land's owner and he will be helping me! It worth a try!

You never know.

Look at the guy who found the Steamboat that sunk on the Mississippi years ago a few miles from the Mississippi in some guys cornfield burried deep down full of items from the Old West.

http://www.glswrk-auction.com/102.htm

Goodluck hope you find something, and if you do I'll come say hi...I'll be the one in the black ski mask. =P

I remember that. Periodic flooding had altered the rivers course over time. Where it was found used to be where the river was.

I would start off small. Remember, if you dont put much $ in the detector, and you find out this isnt for you, you are not out much. Like mine, Bounty Hunter IV. Not the best detector out there, but I really love it ( For the price, $60, how can I complain). Small steps then the marathon, my friend!

I would start off small. Remember, if you dont put much $ in the detector, and you find out this isnt for you, you are not out much. Like mine, Bounty Hunter IV. Not the best detector out there, but I really love it ( For the price, $60, how can I complain). Small steps then the marathon, my friend!

$60 isn't bad, lowest I saw them for was $90. Not much good for me, I need salt water capable, wet sand and etc, so I have little choice but to dive into the deep end, AT Pro, Whites Surf and so...good thing is resale on most of mid range stuff is good, not much to be lost.

To find these real deep targets = big investment I'm sure it comes in handy in Europe looking for war relics.

After doing some research, White's TM 808 seems to be my best option. Any feed back from someone who actually used it to find deep treasures or caves??:?:

yeah it was a Black Friday sale at acadamy sports and outdoors. Ive been wanting a MD, just never had the money, untill then.

The BH IV is a great MD. The only thing that pushes my buttons about it is the batteries. They are costing me more money than what Im digging up! :)

But for the price I cant complain

Back
Top Bottom