I Can Be Your Hero! 1st Date w/ Sexton Leads to Bucket Lister!!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Although I had spoken a few times with Sexton, and we’ve sent each other pics of our finds to each other over the last few years, we have never properly met and gone out on a detecting date. Saturday night we made plans for an early afternoon low tide hunt for the following day. Sexton was at 1st a little worried about having to detect with me in my black Speedo but I assured him I wouldn’t wear it with him on our 1st date. ;) (I’m not that kind of floozy pirate…maybe on the 2nd date!:lol:) Besides, “its South Beach I told him and there’s no problem with that”! :laughing: When we got to the beach the surf and day was just beautiful – along with some other sights that seemed to have wardrobe malfunctions. :shock: We hit the water and a while later we met up and Sexton showed me and nice and tarnished heavy silver ring. Conditions were mixed throughout but seeing that ring gave me hope that either one of us might see some yellow in the scoop. I picked up the large SS junk ring at some point. Then at about the 3 hour point in the hunt, I get a signal by a sandbar and look down and see a black square just sticking up from the ocean floor. :?: I gently put the scoop under it and pull it up and jumpin’ Jehosphat there was my bucket list GoPro!!! :dingding:

I was completely smiling and satisfied for the rest of the hunt as I had really wanted to find one of those in the last few years after seeing all the posts of the Cali guys that find them. I again meet up with Sexton and we discuss the yellow situation. “None for me but I got a bucket list item”. I take it out and show it to him. He was a little shocked that I had found that. We continued on and hunted for 5 hours before we called it a day. At home I open up the clam-shell on the GoPro and see that it’s a “Hero 5” - a very nice model that is actually WP without the case. I took out the memory card and saw on my computer that it belonged to a young Asian couple that were obviously tourists. There was lots of video of the camera lying face up on the ocean floor of some lightly opaque water and blurry sunshine with little pieces of seaweed and other stuff floating across the lens. I think if I added some appropriate light meditation music it would probably have a very soothing visual effect. The date of the last videos was January 3rd so it had been there waiting for me for 3 days. My 2019 continues to be smoking! :good:

Good hunting with you Sexton and get ready for the Speedo on our next hunt! :friends:

Attachments

• 1-6-19.jpg
    1-6-19.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 667
  • 1-6-19 GoPro (1).jpg
    1-6-19 GoPro (1).jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 615
  • 1-6-19 GoPro (2).jpg
    1-6-19 GoPro (2).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 613
  • 1-6-19 GoPro (3).jpg
    1-6-19 GoPro (3).jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 598
  • 1-6-19 GoPro LB.jpg
    1-6-19 GoPro LB.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 597
That is so on my bucket list. Even had a few times people ask me to help them find theirs...... but of course the waves are 5' and the rip currents are moving sand like all get out. All you can do is say ...... it went that away GL

Use those fugly sunglasses when you two go on your next hunt and your wardrobe will be complete :lol: nice hit on the camera..

Use those fugly sunglasses when you two go on your next hunt and your wardrobe will be complete :lol: nice hit on the camera..
Sexton found a pair of aviator style knock of sunglasses as well but when he saw mine he cracked up! :lol:

Please no speedo when I'm with you
I saw enough speedos yesterday to last me the rest of the year.
Congrats again on the GoPro
It was good to be back in the water after so long

Well

No excuses now. You have a go pro , the Miami eye candy is ON , If your speedo's draw them in, more power to U bro :laughing:, one of the best finds you could have made early in the new year, Congrats , Earl

Congrats on the bucket lister. I have found two A gopro 2 which I gave to my eldest grandson and a go pro hero four that is gathering dust. The four had a number of videos of a very skimpy bikini bottom.

What an awesome hunt. Congrats on the bucket list item and any royalties that come from the meditation video to come!

That’s great Felix! That GoPro is a neat find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Find. I use my found Gopro 3's for my videos. Hero 5 Is awesome.
Congrats,. HH, Phil

great score buddy i dont blame you for not wanting to sell hell of a find i found a hero session last year with craig powers up but message keeps coming on screen SD card not detected when in fact there is a SD card in it i still have it just gave up trying to fix it :D

Back
Top Bottom