How do you send a Garrett Pro-Pointer back?

I just called, got right through, never placed on hold, few simple question, got an address and number. Didn't take long, no hassle at all, 12 days later, had what appeared to be a brand new Propointer. Unfortunately, six months later, it was as bad as the one it replaced. Started going off shortly after switching on, not even in the hole yet, or near anything metal. Turning it off, back on, seldom worked. Been using the old Centech, not really missing the ProPointer that much. Should send the Propointer in, again, but not sure if I want to test the 'Third-times a charm' thing. Disappointed, not anxious to be completely disappointed...

could just put it in a box and send it to the dealer that you got it from along with a letter requesting that it be exchanged for a new TRX pointer :lol:

I just called, got right through, never placed on hold, few simple question, got an address and number. Didn't take long, no hassle at all, 12 days later, had what appeared to be a brand new Propointer. Unfortunately, six months later, it was as bad as the one it replaced. Started going off shortly after switching on, not even in the hole yet, or near anything metal. Turning it off, back on, seldom worked. Been using the old Centech, not really missing the ProPointer that much. Should send the Propointer in, again, but not sure if I want to test the 'Third-times a charm' thing. Disappointed, not anxious to be completely disappointed...

Lotta money to just toss. It IS under warranty.

could just put it in a box and send it to the dealer that you got it from along with a letter requesting that it be exchanged for a new TRX pointer :lol:

yeah you could...IF..... you want to have to fiddle around pushing buttons and having to ground balance it everytime you turn it on...:laughing::laughing: I like it to be simple and quick when pinpointing and its pretty hard to beat a garrett at that...

yeah you could...IF..... you want to have to fiddle around pushing buttons and having to ground balance it everytime you turn it on...:laughing::laughing: I like it to be simple and quick when pinpointing and its pretty hard to beat a garrett at that...

You are very correct and the tool has to fit the user.:lol:

having to ground balance it everytime you turn it on

This is false information. GB is retained and only required when you think it needs it. Let's be clear.

Same story here. I must say they do make it quite easy to return though. I have a feeling they have done this a time or two.

having to ground balance it everytime you turn it on

This is false information. GB is retained and only required when you think it needs it. Let's be clear.

It is easy to understand that a person that is use to the old single button single function pin pointer could get confused by a single button new select able multi function pin pointer.;)

You don't NEED more than a simple on/off switch on a pinpointer...

The last three new pin pointers Minelab, Vulcan and TRX all have more than a single on/off function. What are you going to do when Garrett and others decides to follow the leaders and do the same?? The science is advancing and very soon I expect there will be flood of used single function units available to be gobbled up by those who desire that old style pointer.

It is easy to understand that a person that is use to the old single button single function pin pointer could get confused by a single button new select able multi function pin pointer.;)

I see your point. I've struggled a bit with my TRX at first yet it's really simple if just left in factory mode without any changes, besides the single button push for ground grab when entering a new field.

It's kinda like the introduction of the first handheld calculators, which were 4 functions, nothing scientific. Nobody hardly resisted the advances in new calculator models which came quickly for equal money.

But I digress. The TRX is fine right outta the box. A lot of the rest is fluff,but it's there just in case.

We aren't using calculators, I don't need my pinpointer to work like my detector:laughing:.....what is the advancement? Propointer, turn it on and immediately find target.... Profind, turn it on then wait a couple seconds before you can put it to use....trx, turn it on...oh wait..this thing is chatty as heck let me ground balance it..ah there, all good now, I can finally find my target...seems like going backwards to me...:laughing:

If you like it, that's great...we all have different opinions.. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings by replying to a silly post that was made in a thread that was about someone asking for help with a product not related to the trx.;)

Oh, it's not confusion.....I don't have a problem locating my targets and I have no need with a pinpointer I need to gb, set sensitivity, etc...:yes: ;)

I guess that one thought would be that to please keep on with what you are happy with. Those who follow with the new science will still have targets to locate in those areas. I enjoy what I do and I am just not in that big of a hurry. My original suggestion still stands, send it back to its original source and request a more reliable and advanced Pin Pointer as a replacement.

I guess that one thought would be that to please keep on with what you are happy with. Those who follow with the new science will still have targets to locate in those areas. I enjoy what I do and I am just not in that big of a hurry. My original suggestion still stands, send it back to its original source and request a more reliable and advanced Pin Pointer as a replacement.

Are you actually suggesting that someone who uses a a propointer is going to leave targets behind for you to come back through with your trx and find? :laughing::laughing: maybe I am reading it wrong?

If you are talking about detectors themselves then I (kinda) agree. I feel I keep up with the latest science fairly well. However, I also know that someone with a decent machine that knows it inside out will smoke a person who doesn't know how to use their machine no matter how much new science it has...

Are you actually suggesting that someone who uses a a propointer is going to leave targets behind for you to come back through with your trx and find? :laughing::laughing: maybe I am reading it wrong?

Have to agree with STP here. No one is leaving anything behind in the hole because they couldn't find the target with their pinpointer. If you can't find the target with the pinpointer after digging the plug, there is probably a bigger issue as the cause (i.e. did not pinpoint accurately with detector before digging plug). :wow:

P.S. - I have nothing against the TRX pinpointer as I have not had a chance to use it yet. Only commenting on the statement that you will miss targets in the hole if you don't use the latest pinpointer.

Back
Top Bottom