how do you carry your mini 18'' digger?

TN_INDIAN

Forum Supporter
how do you carry your mini 18'' digger? Looing for ideas on what to buy to carry my mini 18'' shovel thanks!

I am a carpenter by trade and we use these carriers for many things like nail guns and screw guns which are way heavier then the Mini. I don't have a pic of one on my mini but I'll try and add a computer pic of the item. They consist of a small ball with a bungie type cord attached to it that can be wrapped around just about anything. Then the ball just hooks into the carrier. They are less then $10 and come with three of the "ball" carriers and one hook. I'm not trying to take business from Ready Shovel because I probably would have bought one if I didn't already have these. In the pic the bungie is wrapped around the hook part of the item. If you try these and don't like them you can always return them.
dca0f92be0e52b878283b693b4ea15b6_zps0b6b2c8b.jpg

I am a carpenter by trade and we use these carriers for many things like nail guns and screw guns which are way heavier then the Mini. I don't have a pic of one on my mini but I'll try and add a computer pic of the item. They consist of a small ball with a bungie type cord attached to it that can be wrapped around just about anything. Then the ball just hooks into the carrier. They are less then $10 and come with three of the "ball" carriers and one hook. I'm not trying to take business from Ready Shovel because I probably would have bought one if I didn't already have these. In the pic the bungie is wrapped around the hook part of the item. If you try these and don't like them you can always return them.
dca0f92be0e52b878283b693b4ea15b6_zps0b6b2c8b.jpg

Where would I find one of those? Im festen to orger the ready shovel but always open to different things.

They sell them at Home Depot, Lowes, Rocky's hardware store and I'm sure many other hardware stores. Like I said, you can always return it if you don't care for it. One other thing I like is that you can swing the shovel any direction when you bend or squat down.

They sell them at Home Depot, Lowes, Rocky's hardware store and I'm sure many other hardware stores. Like I said, you can always return it if you don't care for it. One other thing I like is that you can swing the shovel any direction when you bend or squat down.

And it works with the mini 18'' Sampson shovel? And does it work with any T handle shovel? I plan to get a few more different shovels n future. Loving my mini 18'' right now tho but could use one with a longer blade. F75se goes DEEP and im having to still dig for my target. I want the target to be in my plug at least 95% of time on first dig. Thanks

This is the predator tools little eagle 27 inches long not a mini leshce, but I rigged up a pvc coupling and used zip ties.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389620784310.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389620784310.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 690
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389620807485.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389620807485.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 708
you couldn't take a pic witrh it on ya could ya with the mini all strapped in?

I'd need to get a friend to take the pic. I know of people who designed their own out of pvc and glue, etc. but for $15 Dennis' carrier still gets my vote. My time is money so I never thought about mesing with patching one up cheaply. martin

I took mine out for the first time this weekend - I just hand-carried it.

I'm looking for a small (3 gal) bucket to throw my stuff in soon, and will use it to keep up with trash and finds, too.

I took mine out for the first time this weekend - I just hand-carried it.

I'm looking for a small (3 gal) bucket to throw my stuff in soon, and will use it to keep up with trash and finds, too.

Whats your thoughts on the mini? Im very pleased with mine and will be sad to not be able to take it to some places because of the way it looks. With the detector I have tho I could use one with a longer blade like 1 foot r more so my target is in the plug. But all in all im thinking the mini is so little that I may be able to carry it everywhere but for fields and places like that I will be looking for a larger one with a 1 foot blade r longer.

And it works with the mini 18'' Sampson shovel? And does it work with any T handle shovel? I plan to get a few more different shovels n future. Loving my mini 18'' right now tho but could use one with a longer blade. F75se goes DEEP and im having to still dig for my target. I want the target to be in my plug at least 95% of time on first dig. Thanks
It works great with the Mini and it would work great with any of the other shovels. Anything you can wrap one of the bungie balls around, you can carry around with the hook. Like I said it comes with 3 of the bungies so you can wrap them around anything you want to carry. We use them to carry screwguns and nailguns which are way heavier then the Mini 18. You will probably find many uses for them once you try them.

I have both the 18" and the 31" Sampson's. I rarely use the 31' because I find the 18" easier to carry. I made my own carrier and carry it with the handle down. The weight doesn't swing while you walk and the shovel isn't near as noticeable to people watching you detect.
Carry2.jpg
How it fits.
Carry1.jpg
Most of the time my arm hides it from view.
I have never had a problem with being cut with it in this position. The higher center of gravity makes walking easier and less chances of falling.

Back
Top Bottom