Has anyone used Bluetooth transmitter with Headsets?

fitzbev

Hi,

I know there has been a lot of discussion about going wireless. I have a very nice pair of bluetooth headphones (Nokia BH905) with noise cancellation and was wondering if anyone has used a universal bluetooth transmitter in this way to go wireless. Some of the available transmitters include: Jabra A120, Blubridge minijack, Nolan Robust. I would like to take advantace of the excellent sound quality and noise cancellation but don't know if there is a delay using bluetooth. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

I know there has been a lot of discussion about going wireless. I have a very nice pair of bluetooth headphones (Nokia BH905) with noise cancellation and was wondering if anyone has used a universal bluetooth transmitter in this way to go wireless. Some of the available transmitters include: Jabra A120, Blubridge minijack, Nolan Robust. I would like to take advantace of the excellent sound quality and noise cancellation but don't know if there is a delay using bluetooth. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I have seen a lot of posts about this from different members with different set ups.

Neswiper on youtube had a couple of videos on how he did it with his E-Trac, if they are still there.
Do a search here on "wireless" or "bluetooth" with the parentheses and some info will probably come up.

The biggest problem I read was if you don't have the right rig, there could be a delay which would drive you crazy pinpointing.

Also quality of signal is important.

i use the little auvio bluetooth earbuds and i have never had a delay problem but some people claim to have a delay but i myself have never experienced this, hope this helps.

I tried but could not get BT headsets to work. I have been able to use Auvio wireless ear buds and headphones (Radio Shack) and they work well. Make sure they are the type with the mini transmitter and not the desktop unit. In fact RS has some on clearance but you need to go into or call a store to find them. The tonal aspect of these is not like the wired headsets though. They may sound great on one detector and not so good on another. In general I find that cranking up the volume on the detctor and controlling the volume on the wireless set is the best way to hear the audio. They also use a 1/8" plug on the transmitter so most detectors with a 1/4" plug need an adaptor.

I use a Jabra A120 and Jawbone Icon earpiece, work fine on my QuickDraw II. If there is any lag, it's got to be quite small. Still digging 4-5 inch holes, and the item is still there, and not off to the side. The volume is adjustable, and plenty loud enough. Sound is clearer than most of wired headphones/earbuds I've tried. The earpiece is very lightweight, I'm more aware that it's blocking sounds. I prefer leaving one ear open, so I can hear what's going on around me. Loosing the cord is so good, it was the only awkward part of detecting for me. Either too short, and ripping the headphones off my head, or out of my ears. Or the need extra cord would get snagged on things.

Battery life has been pretty good, but my summer hunts were seldom over an hour. Find out how long they last soon. Always keep some earbuds handy, but haven't needed them yet.

I've tried Bluetooth, FM, and 2.4gHz Auvio.

By far the Auvio's are best. Excellent sound quality and no lag.

FM is IMO second, though it can be more succeptable to EMI. Digitally tuned transmitters and headphones generally allow you to find a "quiet" frequency to work in, and there is no lag. Sound quality takes a bit of a hit due to the compressed range of FM.

Bluetooth has wonderful sound quality, if you can stand the lag.....I couldn't. Mine lagged about ¼sec, which put my coil more than a foot away from the target by the time I got the beep....not to the mention pinpointing nightmare.

Perhaps if you spend big $ you might find one that will work acceptably, but it will be an expensive trial and error process unless you get lucky right off.

I have an Ace 350 and purchased an adapter from Radio Shack. I use a BluBridge mini jack with Motorola MOTOROKR S305 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones. They are light and I can hear the tones just fine and other ambient noises around me. The headphones have a volume control which I had to turn down. I experience no delay at all that I have noticed. The longest I have detected with them is about 3 hours but I think I can go longer. I love the setup, already had everything except the adapter. No cords!!!

My Bluetooth setup wasn't entirely blind luck. I did try to go cheap, and looked for what was on sale. Usually when something gets a big discount, there was some reason for it. Usually a newer, more expensive version. I read specs and reviews, made sure it handled AD2P well. Didn't expect a really bad lag time, or somebody would have complained. These are usually for cell phones. Both components, the Jabra A120, and the Jawbone Icon, are from top companies in the field.

Been wireless for several months, and have noticed being off, when digging. I re-check my holes, before filling them back in, just to make sure I got everything. Don't think it's off the mark at all. The sound is very clear, volume adjustable, and can go louder, than wired headphones. No regrets, lost the leash, and gained volume.

I have an Ace 350 and purchased an adapter from Radio Shack. I use a BluBridge mini jack with Motorola MOTOROKR S305 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones. They are light and I can hear the tones just fine and other ambient noises around me. The headphones have a volume control which I had to turn down. I experience no delay at all that I have noticed. The longest I have detected with them is about 3 hours but I think I can go longer. I love the setup, already had everything except the adapter. No cords!!!

Thanks for the comments, I have everything but the transmitter so I think I will go with the BluBridge as well since its been tested here on the forum. I'm just getting back into the hobby after about 10 years, it seems as though I can't stop buying things that I think I need and I haven't even started hunting yet! Of course I like gadgets, so that might be the problem.

Thanks Again,,,,,,

Back
Top Bottom