Nel Tornado coil?

Nel coil

Thanks Longhair. I looked on their website in the Ukraine. I also saw one for sale on ebay for about $200. Seems like it might be a good investment.

I just ran the tracking number, and it looks like it will be here Saturday. So I'll be hunting with it this comming weekend. :woohoo:

I'm going to try to set up a hunt at an 1863 home.

Well, as much as I'd like to be posting in the stories subforum.......

I went to the 1863 house today for the first time. There is so much trash around there, that a 12x13 coil was simply too big. Even being a DD configuration wasn't enough.

So I went to a nearby park that me and everyone else has hunted to death. I swept over the same area that I've been over with other detectors and coils, figuring that it would be a good test. I didn't come away with anything spectacular, or even worth mentioning for the most part. A couple dollars in clad was it. Considering that it has been hit so hard, that couple of dollars showed me that it does work. TID's were pretty close to what I expected...maybe a point high. I dug more high value old rusty steel pry off bottlecaps than I thought still existed, and the oldest coin was a '65 quarter.

I'll go back to the 1863 home again, but next time with the 10.5" HF DD, and the F2 w/4" coil, just to see if there's anything I want hiding between the trash. (I have a standing invite to hunt it whenever I want)

I've pretty much resigned myself to the idea that the NEL is going to be for cleaner open areas. I have an 1849 home to try, that was a stage stop 'til the turn of the century. It's in the middle of nowhere, and hasn't seen any construction/renovation in over 45yrs.
I'll report back after another go or two.

Nel coil

Great. Thanks for the update on the coil. Keep us posted.
can you comment on the depth?

OK. I've spent a few more hrs with the NEL, so I can give a bit better review.

It nails silver pretty well. I've been in a slump for a while, but found three silvers just this last week, including my fish scale (pre-1901 Canadian 5¢). It could be coincidental.

My first hunts I had the sens cranked up, and in trashy areas it was tough going. I turned it back some, and it started to produce rather easily and predictably. Just this morning I went to a park, saw another detectorist, so I knew that I'd been beat. But I got busy, and still pulled $7.68 in a few hrs. That was 20 clad quarters, 22 clad dimes, two nickles, 32 copper mems, two old copper canadian pennies, and four zincolns. Nothing earth-shattering, but all-in-all not too bad considering I was following someone.

It pinpoints well. Just as easy as my other MineLab coils. And when you can say that about a 12x13 coil......

As far as depth goes, I can't really give a good comparison yet. The ground is so dry. But I have pulled coins from a good 7-8" even so. I'm hoping that we get a good soaker soon, because I have a couple of promising new sites that will tell the tale on the NEL's depth capability.

So far, I'm pretty happy with it. I'll probably sell the stock 9" MF concentric for whatever I can get, and just keep the NEL for my MF coil.

I'll post up more info as I get a chance to put it through a few more paces.

today I tested my used NEL TORNADO FBS coil, after usual short test with HOT ROCKS I can say Ukrainian NEL producers did poor job! looks like they tuned coil to Hot! if you dont believe me take tester and compare coil receiver resistance with minelab FBS Pro coil or old 1050 coil or Coiltek Little Joy.
Cable too not the best quality and not the same like the rest FBS coils producers use, some sort what they had they used.

MY OPINION FBS NEL COIL IS DISASTER< EXCEPT YOU WILL DETECT IN AIR!

Back
Top Bottom