Southbay Report 2-23-2018

Pyriteboy

We had some nice winds again so I decided to check out my local beach, which cuts on N-NW swells & winds. I detected through Hermosa & Manhattan beaches, where 3-4 foot cuts were the rule. I managed a mere $0.80 for a mile of work, so it was time to move on. Ended up at Dockweiler, where I had noticed an old cut while surf fishing a few weeks ago. This section of beach is now in the book for future reference. A fun session for sure.....I believe the ring is tungsten........

-Jerry

Attachments

• DSCN8557 (800x600).jpg
    DSCN8557 (800x600).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 204
Nice work Jerry! Looks like there was a chance for some gold with the lead and all those quarters showing up. Congrats on the fun hunt! :yes:

George,
All the lead was found in a small area, and I found 3 pieces in a row....I could smell gold, so the area was flogged to death, and up comes the ring....because of the weight, I thought it might be 14K coated with rhodium. Kinda like ordering prime rib, taking that first bite, and realizing you're eating tofu.

-Jerry

thanx for the beach report. Looks like our CA beaches were/are lame this winter :( At least you got some wet sand targets !

Back
Top Bottom