9 Days in OC

volksbeetle28

Got in on Friday Aug. 2nd and left on Saturday the 10th. Had a lot of fun detecting and relaxing on the beach. Dug a ton of targets...had to break in the new Stavr scoop which I am very happy with. Lots of coins and bling. Second day in I nabbed the 18k. Then the 14k band came on Monday. Then on the last low tide I hunted on Saturday, the beach gave me a nice going away present in the form of a 10k alternating hearts ring with ice. Lots of junk rings throughout the week to go along with 2 each silver, tungsten, and stainless steel. The wife has claimed 2 of the golds. I suppose it’s only fair since I accidentally threw her off the Jetski causing her to lose her Fitbit. Fitbit is in the bay on 32nd st. Doh!

I hunted the wet sand mostly. Did try the surf for a bit but man those waves are rough! Saw lots of hunters out there and talked to a few. Did see some other gold including a huge chain.

Planning to get back again next weekend for a few more days hopefully. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!
3187dddfbba9cbb20162ec6d4220090f.jpg

Also thought I’d show this: the second ring from the right in the “junk” line of rings....while I was showing my parents my finds, I could see some writing under the bridge. The ring itself was very crusty and greenish looking. I threw it in the tumbler with a batch of coins. It is marked 18k, but definitely fake. Failed acid test. Found a very similar ring in June also marked 18k and it too was fake.
88035035cffb413c44949f1c9dd2fb64.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:dingding:That's a nice amount of clad! Congrats on the golds!

Wow that IS alot of targets! I spent 1 hour detecting misquamicut yesterday and came up with 8 corona caps and under a buck in change! Another example that, timing and location are huge! 117$ in clad too? Big congrats!

Big Congrads on all of the treasures!

I think you killed it! Excellent time spent in OC! Just goes to show you do the time it is there...:wow2:

And Good call on the big fake ring, I've seen a few this summer found by others. And not just in Maryland.

Good Luck on your next visit!

Man that's a lotta targets

That’s a lot of target you dug congrats on the yellow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent, sweetness!

:dingding:That's a nice amount of clad! Congrats on the golds!

Wow that IS alot of targets! I spent 1 hour detecting misquamicut yesterday and came up with 8 corona caps and under a buck in change! Another example that, timing and location are huge! 117$ in clad too? Big congrats!
Thanks guys. I also dig a lot of beer twist offs and pull tabs. The same area held targets for 3 or 4 days and then just like that it closed up. A storm came through and made a nice cut and churned everything back up.

I think you killed it! Excellent time spent in OC! Just goes to show you do the time it is there...:wow2:

And Good call on the big fake ring, I've seen a few this summer found by others. And not just in Maryland.

Good Luck on your next visit!
Thanks. I knew not to get my hopes up on that one after the last one turned up fake.

WOW!!! that is awesome!!! Id be happy with just a quarter of those targets. Way to go for sure. How about some close ups of that gold?
Thanks you. time flew by digging all that clad. I had to give up on penny signals at times. So many of them.

Great haul, that's a TON of decent targets! How much trash came along with that?
The usual rusted beer caps and pull tabs. Also got quite a few zipper pulls.

Man I would love to hunt 9 days! Congrats on the golds! What kind of handle you put on the stavr?
It was very nice. I tried to hit mostly the AM low tides so I could spend the rest of the day with the wife, but she did allow me to do a few pm hunts too. The handle was just something I picked up at ACE hardware. I’m thinking about carbon fiber for next year.

Nice photo-spread.

That's what I call a "Money Shot" if you know what I mean !!!
Thanks guys. Lol I hunted hard fast for that “money shot.” I’m probably gonna cash it in here soon and see what I can pick up at an upcoming coin show with the clad.

Ocean City, Maryland... OC

If I remember correct 9 miles of beach on the eastern shore of Maryland

Congrats

Must have hunted all 9 days for that score , bet your wife loved all that free time she had while you were swinging howboutit :lol: and confinscated the gold :shock: :shemademe::snapoutofit::goodjob: PS You must have hunted the lower end blocks to inlet, no parking crowded , i avoid that area , All i pulled was Tungsten and silver rings down here, you had a good week :good:

Congrats on such a great week. I use to average 95% good targets (coins/jewelry) with the Sovereign GT. Very few bottle caps and pull tabs. Most of the good targets were coins with occasional gold.

Back
Top Bottom