Using V3i and Equinox 800

Island Guy

I have a V3i and for beach hunting I WAS considering the Whites MX Sport but have now decided based on lots forum comments that the Nox would serve me better.
I won't claim to be an expert with my V3i but I have bonded pretty well with it.
I just wonder how much of a transition it would be to keep using the Whites in the parks I hunt then switching up when going to the beach.

I have a V3i and for beach hunting I WAS considering the Whites MX Sport but have now decided based on lots forum comments that the Nox would serve me better.
I won't claim to be an expert with my V3i but I have bonded pretty well with it.
I just wonder how much of a transition it would be to keep using the Whites in the parks I hunt then switching up when going to the beach.

Go check out Square Nail Squirrel on Youtube.
A big user of the MX Sport and the V3i but lately he seems to be really on the Nox 800 since he got it.
Land stuff only but on all kinds of land sites he seems impressed with the Nox.
Check out Gigmaster for beach hunting with the Nox and a whole bunch of others.

I know a guy that only used older Whites units for decades and got a Nox just for going down to the beach once in awhile.
It worked great at the beach for him but he hunted a few of his old sites with the Nox just to get used to it and the results shocked him.
He only uses the Nox now.

However our soil is mineralized littered with dense amounts of trash and iron and is extra challenging.
In good dirt any upper end tool should work well but I think the Nox is still hard to beat at unmasking.

Reply to Digger

Thanks for the input Digger.
I’ll check out the videos you linked.

Reply to myself

Well I’m pretty stoked!
I guess I’ll answer my own quest about using both the V3i and the Nox 800.

Just bought a 1 year old used 800.
Don’t have it but printed out the manual and will be studying and I’m sure asking questions.
I know it’s been said the stock coil is just fine but I hunt a couple parks where strangely enough I honestly don’t think anyone else does.
And there can be areas of close targets as well as lots of trash.
Anyway I ordered a 6” coil as I think I’ll need it

Back
Top Bottom