• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Xp deus which option to go for?

mdwarrior

Simply question if I was to go for an xp deus which option is best to go for.
11 or 9 inch coil?
Remote or headphones or both?
Then which headphones ?
On another topic is it expensive when you need to change the coil battery and how long would expect the coil battery to last before it needs replacing?
Thanks .

Simply question if I was to go for an xp deus which option is best to go for.
11 or 9 inch coil?
Remote or headphones or both?
Then which headphones ?
On another topic is it expensive when you need to change the coil battery and how long would expect the coil battery to last before it needs replacing?
Thanks .

Hi hunting with friends they all wished they had the chance when they bought their Deus to get the 11"
I personaly have the 11" and love it.
The ws4 package is my favorite and heres why. One you get the box, and instead of having the ws5 headphones I opted for the ws4 and buying either the Vance muffs or grey ghost you can switch the control piece and the ws4 package is cheaper.
Also on the Deus America website FAQ section they state how many charges you can expect. They only recommend a 6 hr charge not a overnight charge and say will last many of years. Also take note: the battery IS covered under the 5 year warranty if you have any issues.

Hi Hunter018
It was you another thread that swung it for me about the deus,
Thanks for the offer but I live in the uk,I have been state side a few times in the past 15 years I once bought a Garrett 1350 from kellyco in Florida.
From what you told me about the deus it seems it is ideal for the iron infested rubbish we have in the uk and the recovery speed from the link to the video you sent me persuaded how good the deus is when it comes to nails and coins.
Thank you so much for your insight and help and I wish I could take you up on your offer.
thanks for the advice it is much appreciated.

Hi Hunter018
It was you another thread that swung it for me about the deus,
Thanks for the offer but I live in the uk,I have been state side a few times in the past 15 years I once bought a Garrett 1350 from kellyco in Florida.
From what you told me about the deus it seems it is ideal for the iron infested rubbish we have in the uk and the recovery speed from the link to the video you sent me persuaded how good the deus is when it comes to nails and coins.
Thank you so much for your insight and help and I wish I could take you up on your offer.
thanks for the advice it is much appreciated.

You are certainly welcome. start it off in basic mode, than use deus fast. You will begin to learn it and there is plenty of tweaking you can do for your ground. Once you learn this machine you will separate the men from the boys :)

Also Deus is constantly working on new version upgrades. You simply plug it in and through your computer can upgrade the software. Deus........todays technology :)

It depends on the areas you're hunting. My experience has been the 9" is pretty close in depth to the 11" but the 11" covers more ground. Better odds unless you hunt trashy sites then the 9" is great. I've had the 11" and currently have the 11x13 and the 9". I use the 11x13 when I have a larger open area and the 9" for all the rest.

I've had the WS5's and liked them a lot. I wish I could have gotten them with the Deus but it came with the WS4's. I bought a set of Vance Muffs just waiting for them to show up. The tone quality is much better on the WS5's than the WS4's but the WS4's are great in the hot summer.

I was just about to post the same question; glad I checked first. I am also looking into the Deus and I'm torn between the 9" and 11" coil. Keep the comments coming.

I personally like the 9" because I use it for the really trashy areas. It separates better. The 11" is a bit deeper and covers more are. General hunting i would go 11".

I personally like the WS-4 phones. They allow you to still hear around you and are super light.

Holler if you have questions!

I personally like the 9" because I use it for the really trashy areas. It separates better. The 11" is a bit deeper and covers more are. General hunting i would go 11".

I personally like the WS-4 phones. They allow you to still hear around you and are super light.

Holler if you have questions!

I agree Bart, I hunt with m friend who is a XP dealer and he uses a 9" and I a 11" and yes there is quite a difference. Xp Deus new what they were doing when they made the 11".

I only bought the ws4's because ive heard the ws5's are super hot and I didn't want to spend extra money when I was going to get the Vance muffs anyways or a grey Ghost set. :)

Depends on what you are going to hunt really. My hunting buddy and I both bought the Deus, he got the 11 and I got the 9. We both hunt old houses and parks and old trashy places. I have tried both and the 9" is in its own class on separating in heavy trash. So much I think he is wishing he got the 9. Thanks Bart for suggesting I go with the 9. hehe

Jason

Yeah I have a 9 and next season I'll get the 11. But with any machine the size of the coil needs to match the type of hunting ground. I also got the WS4 because in the summer I dislike large hot headphones and I can pop the module off and put it on a $150 large headset. I also got the remote for the most settings. I paid 1/2 price by going barely used and Ed from Treasure Mountain detectors is taking great care of me. Mine came with a Milspec backpack which I love. The only bad thing is that Milspec and Vance (their only destributor) are feuding right now and I can't seem to get a remote cover ordered.

can't really go wrong

different strokes and all that...

Pick a coil, pick a headset...and get it!

I have the 11" coil and WS5s. Love it! Would have probably chosen the WS4s for lightness and less hot and versatility re other headphone use, but absolutely no complaints.

Each option has its own merits.

Back
Top Bottom