Coin machine better than the 705?

mojotrout

Ive had my X-Terra 705 for a year now and I like a lot of things about it. However, I find myself wanting more depth and better separation that it provides. Right now Im not getting more than about 6-7 inches before the signal gets ugly and the tones start bouncing --Id like another 1-2 inches before a clear signal starts breaking up. Its also a fairly slow machine and i would like to swing a little faster. I also do not take advantage of its versatility as I do not nugget hunt, beach hunt, or water hunt. I am strictly a land-based coin shooter in ground that ranges from light to heavy iron trash and light to moderately heavy mineralization.

I am looking for opinions on a better machine for my type of hunting within the same price range as a 705 (500-800$). Increased depth and separation are most important.

I have been told a Whites MXT-Pro might be a good one, and the CZ-3D, G2, and Omega 8000 have been mentioned as well. Any thoughts on how those compare?

All opinions are much appreciated!

Never owned a CZ-3D so I can't comment on that one but for me the G2 and O-8000 were a bit too noisy for my likes for coin shooting. As far as in that price range I doubt you can find anything that will get you deeper. Now I do believe the AT Pro and the MXT both would be faster swinging machines and give better separation. I'd probably go with the MXT or MXT Pro to get the better VDI information and more customization.

Look into the Fisher lineup. In that price range you can get a new F70 or a used F75. They will both do what you are looking for :grin:

Once you know how to use it, the MXT is a beast of a machine. It doesn't have the bells and whistles of other machines, but it knows how to find stuff fairly deep. I don't have any experience with the Fischer products, so I can't compare and contrast.

Have you tried the 10.5" 7.5khz DD coil on the 705? It easily outperforms the stock coil, Omega, and G2 in my test garden and ID is really stable.

Have you tried the 10.5" 7.5khz DD coil on the 705? It easily outperforms the stock coil, Omega, and G2 in my test garden and ID is really stable.
This!
If you're still using the stock concentric coil you don't know what you're missing.

I'll tell you a machine that I own that is a depth monster and that would be the Teknetics T2 Se! I know it's more a relic machine but I have no trouble finding deep coins with it and man will it pick up tiny pieces of metal deep

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Teknetics T2 Se

Once you know how to use it, the MXT is a beast of a machine. It doesn't have the bells and whistles of other machines, but it knows how to find stuff fairly deep. I don't have any experience with the Fischer products, so I can't compare and contrast.

The mxt pro is better... when i hunt for coins (clad up here) i can almost always tell when i have a coin verses other stuff.

Ive had my X-Terra 705 for a year now and I like a lot of things about it. However, I find myself wanting more depth and better separation that it provides. Right now Im not getting more than about 6-7 inches before the signal gets ugly and the tones start bouncing --Id like another 1-2 inches before a clear signal starts breaking up. Its also a fairly slow machine and i would like to swing a little faster. I also do not take advantage of its versatility as I do not nugget hunt, beach hunt, or water hunt. I am strictly a land-based coin shooter in ground that ranges from light to heavy iron trash and light to moderately heavy mineralization.

I am looking for opinions on a better machine for my type of hunting within the same price range as a 705 (500-800$). Increased depth and separation are most important.

I have been told a Whites MXT-Pro might be a good one, and the CZ-3D, G2, and Omega 8000 have been mentioned as well. Any thoughts on how those compare?

All opinions are much appreciated!

If your talking same price range your splitting hairs. The 705 is very very good as well as the Omega and Whites MXT All Pro. You are not going to see a big difference until you step up to a Minelab E-Trac. That and its 28 frequencies is a WHOLE new ball game! Its called a silver sucker for a reason.

I have to agree the E-Trac would be the way to go but you'd need to find a good used one to get close to your price range. Nothing wrong with used. All mine are used LOL.

much thanks for the replies. I'm thinking that I might try the 10.5" DD coil on the 705 before jumping to another machine. Too many knowledgeable folks have recommended that for me to ignore. It will be easier to learn a new coil than a new machine. It also doesnt appear that there is a machine that will do much better than the 705 unless I jump up a few hundred dollars in price point.

Plus, if it doesnt work out I have a nice 3 coil package I can sell or trade for whatever I try next.

Thanks again Friendlies.

Right now Im not getting more than about 6-7 inches before the signal gets ugly and the tones start bouncing --Id like another 1-2 inches before a clear signal starts breaking up.

Increased depth and separation are most important.

You are going to see a huge improvement on these points. :waytogo:

much thanks for the replies. I'm thinking that I might try the 10.5" DD coil on the 705 before jumping to another machine. Too many knowledgeable folks have recommended that for me to ignore. It will be easier to learn a new coil than a new machine. It also doesnt appear that there is a machine that will do much better than the 705 unless I jump up a few hundred dollars in price point.

Plus, if it doesnt work out I have a nice 3 coil package I can sell or trade for whatever I try next.

Thanks again Friendlies.
Excellent and logical approach. Certainly easier and cheaper than a new machine.

I have a Etrac and a 705, the 705 is a great device but it has been collecting dust since I got the ET. The only problem I see with getting a bigger and better coil you are going to have almost the same $ wise for what you can get a very nice used ET or close to it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom