Help with Harbor Freight tumbler

Billw

Hi guys,

This is a call out to anyone who owns the dual drum Chicago tumbler by Harbor Freight.

I just bought one recently and for the life of me I cannot figure out where exactly I am supposed to put oil on it.

Can someone who owns this unit tell me exactly where I am supposed to oil it ? If you can include a picture that would help .

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Here's what I've done

I've had my tumbler for a couple of weeks now and its run for 4-5 days with several batches of coins. I checked the belt tension as per manual and then liberally used some oil along the long silver-colored shaft that rotates the drums. I turned the tumbler on without the drums and tilted it around to try and get the oil in and around where it meets the edges of the silver-colored sleeves. I didn't really see anywhere else that would benefit from oil.

No problems for me so far. Hope that helps!

HH!

You add oil to where the silver shaft that rolls the barrels meets the frame.

Thanks guys,

I did what big bear(before I saw this message) did and ran into a problem. The oil worked it's way underneath the rubber/plastic sleave that covers the drive shaft and next thing I know the shaft is spinning freely inside of the rubber sleave. So....the barrells weren't spinning. I had to take it apart, clean the oil off and then super glue the sleave back to the drive shaft. Works fine now. I wish the manual was more specific and didn't refer to bearing that aren't there.

Have had mine since Xmas and used it about 6 tyimes ran at 8 hours and have yet to add oil to any part of it but will get my paper work ouyt and see what I can find on it

Back
Top Bottom