Need Help Finding Strong Scoop

Pepper

I need help to find a long handled sturdy scoop strong enough to dig into muck and small rocks on a riverbed. The handle needs to be strong too for leverage. Does anyone have suggestions on where to get a good one?

Pepper :bouncy:

First of all welcome to the forum! I took Craigs advise and went with a Babbs Scoop with the stainless steel lip. A little expensive but very well built and will take a lot of abuse. It is all aluminum but with the stainless lip you can dig in the rocks. Here is a link: www.proscoops.com

I bought the #6HDTBSS and had it modified into a travel scoop. Even with the joint it is still very, very strong.

Great advice on the previous post. You might try KellyCo. The price might not be backbreaking! Possibly, you might find what you are looking for.

Find an Ames True Temper.

The Ames True Temper Planters Buddy garden tool is very well made and very suitable for MDing. It is constructed of solid plastic and stainless. It has a weed cutter up front, a saw edge on one side and a bag or root cutter that works great. The entire length is marked in inches so no guessing how deep. I looked at the specialized MD tools and found them costly. I turned to a garden catalog and there it was. Bought 2 for $12.99 each and didn't look back. Really, it is a very strong well made tool.

If you want something strong, you will have to make it yourself or have a welder make it for you. Draw what you want made and explain to the welder what you are going to use it for. This is my digging tool and I'll take the Pepsi challenge with any Lesche digging tool. I didn't serrate one side of it because I carry a drywall saw which is much narrower and can be used in more situations. It's hard to see, but the edges are sharpened and that's a half not a quarter for scale.

Attachments

• trowel.jpg
    trowel.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 173
Back
Top Bottom