coils for sov gt

NJBOB

I have been using my GT for both and land hunts and beach hunts.

I have been using the stock coil.

I already have my eye on a WOT coil for my beach hunts.

But, I was wondering what would be good for a smaller coil to use when hunting parks with heavy trash?

I know the GT might not be the best choice for hunting parks and I'm already thinking about a compadre or F2.

But I have been getting stuff with the GT and having fun and just wanted to explore all my options.

Thanks for your input.

The more I think about I might as well look at second machine. Although i wouldn't mind a sniper type coil for my GT as well. I need to think about it a little because although a F2 or Comapdre would fun to use a AT PRO might be a better back up to my GT at least for dry sand hunts at the beach and I like the thought of it being waterproof. I think any of the three would be good for coin shooting local parks. It took me about 4 months to decide and get the GT so this also will take me some time to decide what I want....and I'm also looking at the Whites V3i as well....too many choices

Hey there. When I had my Sov GT I used a Sun-Ray S-5 with great results. I wished Detech made the SEF 6X8 for the Sov. I also had an Excelerator 5" for the Sov GT which was almost as sweet as the Sun-Ray. GL and HH. Matt

The F2 or Compadre won't get anywhere near the depth or accurate target ID of the Sovereign. They get like half the depth of the Sovereign...

As stated above, just get a 10x12 SEF or a smaller sniper coil. WOT coils are stupid expensive.

Hey guys thanks for the replies. I think I"ll be looking into those sniper coils for now since my concern is inland coin shooting in trashy areas. Will also look into some alternatives for the beach, although I have been getting many good finds using just the stock coil. I think the GT is a awesome machine and I'm very happy I made it my first detector. I think with some extra coils and little more practice there is a lot more growing room here.

if you want a small coil and great depth go with the 8" tornado coil..it's actually about 7.25" and will blow away the small sunray and excel coil.

I think I'm going to go with eight inch coil for my inland trashy hunts, a WOT coil for wet sand hunts, and stick with my stock coil for dry sand/back up coil. That should give me a wide range of detecting opportunities with my GT.

Back
Top Bottom