What would make a good back up detector

mdwarrior

Hello
After last night drama when my vx3 started playing up ( coil problem in the end and it now on its way back to white to be repaired, thanks to those who helped identified the problem in my others thread) I thought about getting a good back up detector so that if any goes wrong again in the future I won't have wasted a couple of hours driving time with nothing to show.
So any ideas about a good back up detector that won't break the bank ,I don't need any beach functions because I don't live close enough to the beach to go all the time.
Hope you can help and thanks in advance.

:laughing:

Personally I swing an AT Pro but as a backup I keep an AT Pro LOL.
Prices on used ATs are getting down there and the waterproof feature makes them a great deal.

Personally I swing an AT Pro but as a backup I keep an AT Pro LOL.
Prices on used ATs are getting down there and the waterproof feature makes them a great deal.

You have me beat..!! all I have for a back up to my At Pro is the e-trac..:(:lol:

Depends on your budget really. The ATP is hard to go wrong with for the money. If you are looking cheaper I like the eurotek pro with a dd coil.

I had a CTX and xp deus. I used them both equally depending on the site. Those are really the two best I think a person could have.

I like to have contrast or complement in a back up. You have heavy, multi-freq, lots of options so how about a simple and reliable compadre?

You have a great coin hunter in the VX3, so I'd say go with an F75, which is what I use alongside my V3i. It's not so much a backup as a light, fast, easy to use, deep seeking coin and relic detector. I love my V3i, but sometimes when I'm hiking into the woods, or wants a turn on and go detector, I reach for the F75. They both compliment each other well.

Hello
After last night drama when my vx3 started playing up ( coil problem in the end and it now on its way back to white to be repaired, thanks to those who helped identified the problem in my others thread) I thought about getting a good back up detector so that if any goes wrong again in the future I won't have wasted a couple of hours driving time with nothing to show.
So any ideas about a good back up detector that won't break the bank ,I don't need any beach functions because I don't live close enough to the beach to go all the time.
Hope you can help and thanks in advance.

:laughing:

Check out the Fisher F2 and the Teknetics Euro Tek Pro. Great detectors for the $!

I got a t2se for my back up. If I want to do relic hunting I can. One for coins and one for relics

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Teknetics T2 Se

My backup to the T2 SE is my 8" Compadre. I began this hobby with a Compadre and found way too many silver coins, CW relics, and some gold with it, to not know it's real worth.

Funny thing is, if the T2 went out, I'd have no problem running that Compadre in just about any situation.

M6 or ATpro

I would suggest the M6. Your coils interchange and they work great. You won't find a bad review on one. I've had at least 4 and they are a solid performer. If your wanting to change brands then the Atpro is a nice complimentary machine.

I would suggest the M6. Your coils interchange and they work great.

Stay in the family and share coils. I think the what is it? The MX5 or M6 would be a good choice. If you go other brand you diversify, but it can get expensive with the coils and accessories.

Back
Top Bottom