Is the difference in a NOX 600 and 800 worth the $

I got an 800 when they were first released figuring if they were as good as expected I would probably be upgrading anyway from a 600 had I bought that one first. Since using one for almost 3 yrs. I'm glad I did. I've since bought a second 800 for a spare and keep my 6in. coil on that one. I like having the user profile option, the extra settings adjustments and also the wireless headphones (although not the greatest) and the WM08 module. That and the headphones just about offset the cost increase. So how much do people spend so not to be tethered to the machine ? Your spending money or your still using wired headphones. And that for me was a huge selling point initially. And although I don't use the Gold mode, before the 4k update it was a good way to check deep iffy signals. And don't forget, before the upgrade, the non-adjustable backlite that had you snowblind hunting in the dark as anyone who did will tell you. My advice, spend the money now, get the 800. More than likely you will still be spending if you purchase the 600. My two cents. Mark

Aside from the wireless headphones, are the 20khz and 50khz frequencies worth the price difference? Are they useful in an area where I wouldn't be gold prospecting? I'm thinking a 600 should still find gold jewelry as well as the 800. Am I wrong and why?

Calabash does a pretty good video discussing the differences between the 600 & 800

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmKk99qXGrk

Back
Top Bottom