What type of places do you have to ask permission to hunt, and what type of places where you don't have to ask to hunt?

hellomikie92

I know its not sidewalk strips in front of abandoned buildings, or in front of vacant lots, but can anybody give me a list on places that requires you to ask permission, and a list of places that wouldn't care?

i went to my local township building and asked the nice lady at the desk about a property the township maintains, this was an open empty lots, anyway i told her my intentions and the nice lady started to list a bunch of properties the township owns and maintains some being vacant lots that were zoned as future tot lots that i was unaware of. after several minutes of chit chat she gave me her blessing to go hunt them, including the township building itself.
in my area i hunt....
state parks
township parks
schools
curb strips
fishin holes along creeks/river/lakes
township buildings
firehouses

i went to my local township building and asked the nice lady at the desk about a property the township maintains, this was an open empty lots, anyway i told her my intentions and the nice lady started to list a bunch of properties the township owns and maintains some being vacant lots that were zoned as future tot lots that i was unaware of. after several minutes of chit chat she gave me her blessing to go hunt them, including the township building itself.
in my area i hunt....
state parks
township parks
schools
curb strips
fishin holes along creeks/river/lakes
township buildings
firehouses

That's a great idea, I can dig in most parks in my area no problem the only ones off limits are the historic parks in town. I ask permission for private property such as peoples homes and or land.

If it's public (city owned) and not restricting to metal detecting you can hunt it all you want. Everything else (including vacant lots) are owned by someone and you should have permission to hunt them first.

Your county assessor's office can tell you who owns what property. They may even have a website that you can use to lookup the information.

Back
Top Bottom