• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Have you ever lost an item you found detecting?

OZARKS

Forum Supporter
Have you ever lost an item that you found while detecting?

I seem to have "misplaced" the first silver coin I found. A '47 Balboa 1/4 (in my avatar)

Surely I can't be the only one who has lost an item after finding it...l:lol:l

I found a beautiful silver & turquoise ring. It fit my 10 year old grand daughter perfectly. She lost it at the house on the rock in Wisconsin with in a week.

The day I found my 10kt cross with necklace, I ended up losing in the driveway. My gf went out and searched for it and found it again. Thankfully it isn't lost now. Nothing I've found is lost at the moment.

I have two lost bullets (the actual lead) that I found in my father-in-law's pasture. I took them to his house in a small baggie to show them to him. I know they made it home, but where they got placed is a different story. I am terrible at putting things is weird places for "safe keeping".

Doug

Funny story about that.

About 15 years ago, the night before a planned hunt, I had a dream of finding a silver medal. The next day I did indeed find that medallion. Carried for good luck for YEARS. One day I look but can't find it. Looked everywhere, and finally figured it was lost in the car I had traded the month before. 2 days ago it shows back up, in the battery compartment of a detector. I have changed those batteries many, many times, and I'm sure I looked there.

Anyway, what was lost was found, then lost, then found again.

Yes I found a Merchant Marine Pin made of sterling silver. I was showing a friend. and I dropped it. we searched for almost and hour and couldn't find it. I thought it fell in my heater grate.

two months later I found it on the table in a basket of papers/bills. It had bounced on the table, into the basket. not on the ground like I thought. ...

I have only lost my marbles and no matter how I try the MD will not locate them...oh well..I did find a penny while looking....

:crazy:

I found a 18k gold wedding band and stuck it in my shirt pocket so I wouldn't lose it... went to a gas station to pump gas then I left and went home.. grabbed the camera to take a picture of the ring and it was gone... right through the hole in my shirt pocket.. hopped back in my truck and went to the gas station... looked around and saw nothing... looked in the road and saw something gold... it had fallen and rolled into the road I got it and stuck it in my pants pocket... :yes:

I have either lost or misplaced the best silver men's ring, the one pictured in here that says DAD. I was wearing it a lot and it always got in the way when I was digging coins...being on my right hand. I either have put it away somewhere or misplaced it! Might have put it in my pocket and then it got washed and my wife put it away with her coin finds...I just know I don't know where the heck it is! :lol::lol: Easy come, easy go!

I constantly lose things. The other day I lost all the coins that I had found that day. (Just clad). The first place I look for things is on the floor. They always end up there. Next I look in my trunk. Once there, it's lost for good. I put things up so I won't lose them, but I can never remember where.

I found an old West Virginia state seal button from the late 1800s. I put it in a napkin after showing it to a friend at work, brought it home and sat it on the table. I didn't think about it for a couple days until I went to put it with the rest of my collection and couldn't find it. My fiancé thought it was trash and threw it away. The trash had already been taken away. I was so upset. I don't leave anything laying around anymore.

i am still really irritated with myself over losing an 1867 2 cent piece, within minutes of having found it.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I once found a silver "Indian chief" charm and handed it to my kid to put on the porch.

Somehow it disappeared.

I was in my front yard one dark night, detected a signal near the cement circle driveway, which is reinforced with rebarr. Dig a hole and decided to PP with the Pro Pointer. I ended up using a nickel I had found earlier to extend the range of the pointer and in the routine of standing up once I dropped the nickel. No probs I said, I'd frozen in my tracks, it had to be "right there", so find it with the detector. Well, the V3i and the 6xdd coil wasn't finding it, AND it had to be in a small space on the ground. After some frustration I went to get my old Whites 5900, and still didn't hit the signal. OK, lets try the V3i again with the 10" stock coil...I was getting real stubborn about finding that nickel. Nada. This went on for a good 30 minutes before I felt I had to give in, so I and headed to the house, and then I eyeballed the nicked about 10 feet toward the door, on a bunch of pebbles on top of the cement driveway. The way I figure it, the nickel fell on top of my untied tennis shoe and rode till it fell off the first trip I made to the house. I look back and laugh about it now, but I wasn't giving up. I mean really, two detectors, three coils plus the Pro Pointer scraping the ground, to find one old nickel. Persist although silly over one nickel. martin

Back
Top Bottom