10 Hour Ghost Town Hunt. Tired and Sunburned.

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
Spent yesterday at a coal mining ghost town that went under in the 1920s. Lots of interesting finds. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 20190707_122616_resized.jpg
    20190707_122616_resized.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 805
  • 20190707_122532_resized.jpg
    20190707_122532_resized.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 796
Holy awesomeness! Love that token! That Egyptian deallie is neat looking. Man you found some killer stuff.

Thanks. I had such a great time. That Egyptian thing is part of a watch fob. Wish I could find more parts to it. The other watch fob part that has the Tariff quote on it, is a political piece for Alton Parker's unsuccessfull 1904 presidential campaign against Roosevelt.

Attachments

• IMG_5842.jpg
    IMG_5842.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 753
Wow! Awesome relics - well worth a sunburn!! Coal company token, police button, watch fobs, coins....fantastic stuff!! That’s a great site you’ve gotten on to, SW! Did you hunt the majority of it in that 10 hours, or do you have more to hit later?

Wow! Awesome relics - well worth a sunburn!! Coal company token, police button, watch fobs, coins....fantastic stuff!! That’s a great site you’ve gotten on to, SW! Did you hunt the majority of it in that 10 hours, or do you have more to hit later?

There is more to hit later for sure. This was the second time I had been there. It has been detected many, many times in the past, I am sure. It is pretty over grown with sage brush. It's about an hour and a half away from me, so when I go, I like to make a day of it. There are a lot of interesting signals out there. I did dig a lot of trash too. Early on in the day I had motivation to dig more of the suspect signals, after lunch and into the late afternoon, I was more selective.

Wow. I would keep going too. Bring sunscreen next time!

Thanks! I will be going back, for sure. I slathered on the bug spray. Ticks give me the creeps. The day was kind of overcast and I didn't reapply the sunscreen like i should have. I look ridiculous. Haha. Lesson learned.

Wow! Amazing variety of finds. Nice.

Yes! Varied types of finds. Some of them, I didn't know what i had. Those watch fob parts really cleaned up good with just a tooth picking. One of my favorite finds is that suspender clip with the horses on it too.

All really great finds, congrats on the finds and the tan..lol...Brutal here in western PA last week, almost called off work..I like the coins you found but the cool relics you got is somthing I would rather find if I had a site like that.

Wow! You've been traveling. Trips like that are always memorable.
Nice finds. And you have another silver toward the annual goal. Did the kids get to go?

Wow, really awesome dig, all great stuff.

Is that a glass bottle stopper at the top?

Wow! You've been traveling. Trips like that are always memorable.
Nice finds. And you have another silver toward the annual goal. Did the kids get to go?

Went up there with a couple buddies. Maybe in a few years my son will appreciate long, all day, hunts. He's good for an hour or two. Haha. My girls wouldn't even last an hour.

It's a really nice bunch of guys I went with. There were a couple Barber dimes and more of those trade tokens found too.

Back
Top Bottom