Found a missing diamond earring and then some!

Waveoff

Elite Member
I normally post in the coinshooters and relic hunters section but had to post here because jewelry was the theme of this hunt. A lady contacted our detecting club on 6/20 asking for our help in locating a lost earring. I reached out to her yesterday to see if I could help. We met at the soccer field where the earring was lost. Thankfully she knew the general area where it was lost and had the other one for me to scan with my Nox. It rang up a very low 1 or 2. Great... I went in with the mindset that maybe I'll get lucky and find some other lost jewelry and clad. My first good solid hit was a sterling baby's ring! My second good hit was the nickel. Then my third good hit was another silver ring! I dug several bits of foil but after about 1/2 hour I found the earring! She was extremely happy, started crying and gave me a big hug. She insisted upon paying me $150 but I told her no payment was necessary. After some discussion, she cut me a check for $100 to donate to our club.

I was going to go to an old park after finding the earring but decided to stay! I didn't find anymore jewelry but I did find a ton of clad and my first presidential dollar coin in the wild.

MMNtwSv.jpg

1CqrZVW.jpg

wqUpIXP.jpg

mJgIMhE.jpg

A super outing Fred with some fantastic rewards. Congrats on not only finding the Earring but the Ring's, a clad count and having the insight to benefit your detecting club. Great rewards for all involved. Trapper

A super outing Fred with some fantastic rewards. Congrats on not only finding the Earring but the Ring's, a clad count and having the insight to benefit your detecting club. Great rewards for all involved. Trapper

Thank you Trapper! It certainly worked out well for everyone. I'm going to go back and hit those soccer fields some more. Hopefully I can end my gold drought.:lol:

Nice job! Glad you were able to find her earring. Congrats on the bonus finds!

I have found most of my 83 rings at soccer fields. Love to hunt them! Congrats on finding that earring...good work for our hobby.

Nice job! Glad you were able to find her earring. Congrats on the bonus finds!

Thank you! I can't remember that last time I had a multiple jewelry hunt.

I have found most of my 83 rings at soccer fields. Love to hunt them! Congrats on finding that earring...good work for our hobby.

Thanks!

Wow 83 rings? I need to start hitting sports fields more!

Waveoffs excellent adventure! Royal Congrats! :D

Thank you KT!

Boy if I could only get to our soccer fields in our county. They are ringed by 18 foot high (no kidding) chain linked fences and locked. Been this way for years, I can only imagine what is hidden in the turf and a few inches down.

are the rings you find on the field or sidelines?

It's nice to find lost jewelry for someone. Congrats! By the way you mentioned a metal detecting club. When and where do you meet? I live in the North Hills of Pittsburgh. Might be nice to join in once in awhile and learn a few things!

Boy if I could only get to our soccer fields in our county. They are ringed by 18 foot high (no kidding) chain linked fences and locked. Been this way for years, I can only imagine what is hidden in the turf and a few inches down.

are the rings you find on the field or sidelines?

Mostly on the sidelines and what I call "transition zones" from fields to parking lots, concession stands, etc. One 60 acre complex near me has yielded 30 of those rings, easily, along with 12 or so chains and who knows how many charms and pendants.

I have found rings and other jewelry on fields, but as this is my second summer on those same fields, I've noticed that they move the fields around, probably to spread out the turf damage.

I drove by another large complex down in Pcola where there had to be 1000 people out on the fields. I noticed that the players set their bags/backpacks down in a particular spot. Went back several days later and cleaned up on clad and found a 10k sapphire ring.

My actual best gold ring finds have been at baseball fields. Always hit the outside of the outfield fences very carefully.

That's it! I'm not putting off the trip to soccer-field town any longer! Well, ok, I'll have to put it off for another week or so, but I'm going back when I have the time to cover some acreage.
Nice recovery and other goods! That little baby or toe ring is nice!

Back
Top Bottom