My final coin & hunt of 2016 :(

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hello everyone hope you are all well! It was a great year, particularly towards the end. This hunt I changed it up and went to a colonial farm field we have pulled multiple coppers from. Always find some old stuff here. I cleaned up the XS earlier today and hung her up for the winter but kept the AT Gold in the car for the final hunt tonight which lasted about four hours. Temperatures were around 9 degrees :shock: and about 3 1/2 hours in I got a great 6-8 inch 85,86,87. Just about knew I had a large copper had my buddy come check it and he agreed. Dug her out and sure enough a 1805 draped bust large cent ! I stayed about another half hour and called it a season. Also found some nice old relics. Will update some clean up pics of relics not shown tomorrow. It includes a nice keg tap and a few other knick knacks. The ground was frozen the first couple inches and after tonight, should be near impossible. It was a great year met some new forum members got a few bucket listers checked off and ended on a good note. Next year I plan on doing freshwater hunting very seriously with a lot of dirt hunts thrown in too. Thanks for looking, Merry Christmas , and happy hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_0791.jpg
    IMG_0791.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_0790.jpg
    IMG_0790.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 736
  • IMG_0794.jpg
    IMG_0794.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 763
  • IMG_0795.jpg
    IMG_0795.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 697
Congratulations on that find and a really Great year you had Cellr! Thats what I do too...I water hunt and dirt hunt and generally just get out and see what the day will bring...
Mud

Nice copper! I'd be happy with that as my last hunt lol
Thanks!
What a way to end the year, fantastic.
Thanks Mikey!
Congratulations on that find and a really Great year you had Cellr! Thats what I do too...I water hunt and dirt hunt and generally just get out and see what the day will bring...
Mud
Thanks mud! Depending on snow totals I may hit cellar holes but we are supposed to get 3-6 tonight and tomorrow so that should just about put a nail in the coffin...good luck if you do some iceberg searching!
At the very top of my bucket list. Great way to finish up the year. Can you get some pics of the coin cleaned up?
I will be sure to get some better pics up! I'll be sure to quote you when I do so you can see. I've learned washing with water usually removes more details than adds. What you see there is a light rub with just my thumb. Thanks for looking!

Wow! That's the way to end the season. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A great season for sure Cellr and what a "CAP" on it at the end! I was pretty proud I found a 1971 Kennedy half yesterday as my last coin of the year,but it ain't no Capped LC! I'm sure next season will bring more of the same for many of us,and for those of us with less experience than others this season has been another learning experience for sure. If it's one thing that never changes it's the huge amount of help that the guys who really know their stuff have given and continue to give. It's like a never ending Xmas for me anyway...
Thanks for the entertainment and great finds,we love seeing the really old stuff cuz that means it's still out there to find!

I've enjoyed your posts and you've had a great year. Congrats on the copper and cool skeleton key.
Thanks buddy!
Wow! That's the way to end the season. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you!
Nice finish! Great coin. Congrats!
Thanks a lot!
great way to end the year,,,, have a nice xmas
Thanks you as well!
A great season for sure Cellr and what a "CAP" on it at the end! I was pretty proud I found a 1971 Kennedy half yesterday as my last coin of the year,but it ain't no Capped LC! I'm sure next season will bring more of the same for many of us,and for those of us with less experience than others this season has been another learning experience for sure. If it's one thing that never changes it's the huge amount of help that the guys who really know their stuff have given and continue to give. It's like a never ending Xmas for me anyway...
Thanks for the entertainment and great finds,we love seeing the really old stuff cuz that means it's still out there to find!

Halves are always fun to find and I really appreciate the kind words! I take what I've learned here and apply it on my hunts and try to report back for anyone who is interested. From colonial hunting to deep coin shooting parks to cellar holes, I've learned SO much from the folks here that I've become very versatile. You have a merry Christmas idx and happy holidays!

At the very top of my bucket list. Great way to finish up the year. Can you get some pics of the coin cleaned up?

This is a dry brush cleaning very lightly. Just overnight the details have almost crusted right off. What a shame, thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_0796.jpg
    IMG_0796.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_0797.jpg
    IMG_0797.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 637
You have had an outstanding year Jeff. What a nice way to end it with the LC. The water hunting sounds like a new challenge for you, as you have done a awful lot in the dirt. Congrat's! Jack

I also have enjoyed your posts and input throughout the year.

I know the sad feeling of putting it away for the winter...but 2017 sounds like a good number!!!

What a great coin to end the season with, mine ended this weekend too with a clad quarter :lol: You had a great year and I have enjoyed seeing your finds. Glad we got to meet up this year and looking forward to some serious water hunting in 2017. Congrats on a awesome year Jeff!!

Back
Top Bottom