One hour, one silver...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
I spent a hour with the Explorer II at a "hunted out" 1940's ballfield after the rain stopped this morning The wet conditions helped with locating deep coins mixed with the aluminum trash, and twice I heard the telltale whistle that usually means silver...first time it was one of those older Canadian pennies that are almost pure copper, but the 2nd time the cursor was also trying to hide on the top right of the screen:D all of it...part of a matchbox car, some brass that I will tumble and recycle:lol: a bit of trash, $1.03 in battery money, the 1967 Canadian cent, 3 wheats and the silver silver #81 and it just so happens that today is December 7th, the 75th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor... For the first time since mid April the detecting and digging conditions are perfect for hunting deep silver...so hopefully the ground will stay soft and not freeze solid for a bit longer. Until the next outing, thanks for the looks and Happy Hunting!

Last edited:
The Explorer II is my all-time favorite silver-seeking machine, it's ruthless!
Gotta be more there, good luck.

Awesome trip out detecting in a "Hunted Out" ball field. You just cant beat those Explorers! I run an Explorer XS and its in my opinion the best one Minelab has ever made in FBS technology!

Love the "in-situ" shot of the silver still caked in dirt , before the "reveal" :)

Congrats Bruce on getting number 81. I hope your season with go at least to you can secure the century mark again. Wisconsin has gotten the winters cold and some snow with anther major dumping to arrive again this weekend. Hope that stays away from you. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom