AT Pro 2?

ISU Boomer

Elite Member
Has anyone heard about this? I saw someone on facebook mention that there will be an AT Pro 2 coming out in 2017. I searched google and found very little information other than it will be wireless. Just curious if others have heard about this. I'm hoping to upgrade from my AT Pro next year and now I'm curious as to whether the AT Pro 2 will be a significant upgrade. If the only difference is that it is wireless then I'm not too excited.

Has anyone heard about this? I saw someone on facebook mention that there will be an AT Pro 2 coming out in 2017. I searched google and found very little information other than it will be wireless. Just curious if others have heard about this. I'm hoping to upgrade from my AT Pro next year and now I'm curious as to whether the AT Pro 2 will be a significant upgrade. If the only difference is that it is wireless then I'm not too excited.

I searched the web as well as went to their site. Based on their website ad, seems they'll just integrate their Z-Lynk into the existing pro.

I doubt we'll get...
...an increase in underwater depth
...a wireless coil
...backlit display
...GPS
...additional or multiple frequencys

But, we might get...
...increased cost
...a free carry bag (sarcastic yay)

I love Garrett's quality and customer service, but their tech is lacking. I wish they'd get on board and be able to compete with ML.

Attachments

• site.jpg
    site.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 828
I searched the web as well as went to their site. Based on their website ad, seems they'll just integrate their Z-Lynk into the existing pro.

I doubt we'll get...
...an increase in underwater depth
...a wireless coil
...backlit display
...GPS
...additional or multiple frequencys

But, we might get...
...increased cost
...a free carry bag (sarcastic yay)

I love Garrett's quality and customer service, but their tech is lacking. I wish they'd get on board and be able to compete with ML.

+1 they are great but really need to step up there game a bit , at the very least a backlit display...

Here is what I want.

Blacklight larger display
Wireless Audio
Multi Frequency
Slimmer control box
Clock in display

GPS would change the game, but price would change dramatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no doubt they could devise a machine with far greater technology that could pressure a Minelab, but it sure wouldn't be at or near the current price point. That's their gravy train, why change it? I read somewhere about how many ATPros have been sold (but can't recall an exact number, but it was a sizable amount.) and why gamble that cash flow?

I would love an upgraded offering with some real technological advances (and a freaking backlight) but I'm not holding my breath. They still sell the GTI2500 for goodness sakes.

I have no doubt they could devise a machine with far greater technology that could pressure a Minelab, but it sure wouldn't be at or near the current price point. That's their gravy train, why change it? I read somewhere about how many ATPros have been sold (but can't recall an exact number, but it was a sizable amount.) and why gamble that cash flow?

I would love an upgraded offering with some real technological advances (and a freaking backlight) but I'm not holding my breath. They still sell the GTI2500 for goodness sakes.

Agreed! They are in the sweet spot on affordability and quality equipment that can find the goods.

Back light, streamlined for water, better handle ergonomics, more durable, arm strap that doesn't wear out..

<°)))>{

So, it appears that the only thing that will be different with the AT Pro 2 is that it will have wireless headphones. No thanks, I guess I will stick with my planned upgrade to the XP Deus.

So, it appears that the only thing that will be different with the AT Pro 2 is that it will have wireless headphones. No thanks, I guess I will stick with my planned upgrade to the XP Deus.

What makes you think this?

Only confirmed info is it will be new AT series detector that has Z-Lynk technology.

Attachments

• 20161207_195206.jpg
    20161207_195206.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 610
You will be in a different world going from a at pro to a deus really different world. I am interested in the new machine though.

ATP 2? Ok!...I'd like to see a rig where the AA's fit right inside the back of the tube by the armcuff, just drop them in one after the other, eliminated that stupid little clip....Also just a 1 1/2 diameter cylindrical control pod below the armcuff that contains the brains, about 6" long...sealed, no screen, no other functions except On/Off prox switch..No external knobs, just a backhanded tap with your wedding ring on the top of the pod to trip an internal On/Off proximity switch....

Pro Custom mode only,.... With another prox switch on the front of the control pod that enables Iron off/on with just a tap...maybe a sliding prox in the middle also activated by a guys wedding ring to adjust sens up or down...

It sure wouldnt look like much, but for a fresh water hunter, thats all a guy really needs...Something built like this would certainly be All Terrain...with no external push buttons, screens or knobs...Built this way, most likely good to 100' depth easily...

Hell, a water hunting gold guy dont need most of the standard AtPro features..I dont think I've even GB'd the thing once in 4yrs, never pushed the PP button, never once tried notch or all that other stuff...Just a simple turn on and go, slide sens to dump falsing, iron on or off depending..thats about it.....:laughing:. That would be my Dream machine right there!
Mud

I want one, that will go out and find everything for me, dig it all up, cover the holes, and bring me all the finds at the end of the day. Just drop it off and go watch football.

My first detector had a needle, that's it. No audio, just a needle that moved to let you know you were near something metallic. Amazing how far we have come in the last 50 years. I do believe we are spoiled.

Blacklight with a little larger display and Wireless Audio would be nice.

I'm just gonna assume these 3 things are a given. Add an all metal mode and greater disc/tone options and you have a new top of the line AT detector.

We probably won't know anything concrete until a few week before launch which will be at least 3.5 to 6.5 months.

What makes you think this?

Only confirmed info is it will be new AT series detector that has Z-Lynk technology.

Well, I will definately be interested in seeing what's different with the new one. More depth and better discrimination is what I am wanting and I'm afraid I will probably have to upgrade to the Deus or etrac.

Well, I will definately be interested in seeing what's different with the new one. More depth and better discrimination is what I am wanting and I'm afraid I will probably have to upgrade to the Deus or etrac.

Yeah, I don't believe it will a top tier detector like deus/etrac/ctx. But it will be tops for Garrett and not doubt at least another C-note over the AT Gold. I'm speculating of course. Dealers will get the info the same time you do. Garrett is very tight lipped on new product releases.

Here is what I want.

Blacklight larger display
Wireless Audio
Multi Frequency
Slimmer control box
Clock in display

GPS would change the game, but price would change dramatically.

Wouldn't it have been less typing to just say XP DEUS?

I also read on the web that Elvis is still alive and homeless living on the streets of Hollywood

I would think Garrett would come out with the over due 2500 first.

But with Garrett's wireless module coming out soon.....maybe a wireless AT Pro 2?

Back
Top Bottom