Clad carnage

diggerdan

200+ coins from a short stretch. Tide ran me off before I got any good stuff. Felt like I was on some virgin ground. A wheat and some old date nickles but no silver and no jewelry.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 293
My hunt the past 2 days have looked a lot like yours.
Day before yesterday I went to a local beach and I literally couldn't walk 2 ft w/o getting coin targets with my CTX 3030. I was limited to a 3 hr hunt and decided to skip the coins and pin point on gold tones. Managed to get tricked with 22 nickels and about 20 corroded zinc pennies. Then I found a 10k ring. Nothing crazy nice, but a rings a ring. It was very cold out and I got stranded at a bathroom structure waiting for the rain to blow over after I got hit with a flurry.

Went back yesterday and decided to dig EVERYTHING. Funny thing is that in just 24 hrs from the 1st hunt, about a foot of sand came in at where I saw all the coin targets the day before. 5 hrs later I came out with a sore back, wasted wrists and no gold. I did manage a lot of deep coin targets: 68 quarters, 52 dimes, 33 nickels, a silver ring, and 22 pennies that came in as gold (they were corroded ).. I sure hate a 12.27 signal and its a penny... grrr.

My hunt the past 2 days have looked a lot like yours.
Day before yesterday I went to a local beach and I literally couldn't walk 2 ft w/o getting coin targets with my CTX 3030. I was limited to a 3 hr hunt and decided to skip the coins and pin point on gold tones. Managed to get tricked with 22 nickels and about 20 corroded zinc pennies. Then I found a 10k ring. Nothing crazy nice, but a rings a ring. It was very cold out and I got stranded at a bathroom structure waiting for the rain to blow over after I got hit with a flurry.

Went back yesterday and decided to dig EVERYTHING. Funny thing is that in just 24 hrs from the 1st hunt, about a foot of sand came in at where I saw all the coin targets the day before. 5 hrs later I came out with a sore back, wasted wrists and no gold. I did manage a lot of deep coin targets: 68 quarters, 52 dimes, 33 nickels, a silver ring, and 22 pennies that came in as gold (they were corroded ).. I sure hate a 12.27 signal and its a penny... grrr.

Welcome aboard, i hope todays hunt welcomes me with some rocks and not a layer of fluffy sand, good luck on your next hunt.

Back
Top Bottom