Ctx 3030 Dreams - If you could "improve" the CTX any way you wanted, what would you do?

westers

So I was out with my CTX yesterday and found a target I wanted to mark. As I hit the find point, an idea occurred to me. Wouldn't it be cool to integrate a camera into the back of the control panel so you could take a pic AND mark your find point? That way, you'd have a pic uploaded directly to the find point when you do the data transfer.

I just think this would be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ability to name the find point, e.g. 'Merc 1', 'token' (unless that is already an option, and i've been missing it)
also, another bin would be nice (how hard can it be to release a minor update with an extra bin ??)

I believe theres app for that

Is there a minelab app that interacts directly with the ctx via a wireless integration? Even if there were, I'd still have to remember my camera... which is the reason I thought of the camera integration in the first place. I was miles into the woods and realized I left my camera in the truck when I went to take a pic of my find.

ability to name the find point, e.g. 'Merc 1', 'token' (unless that is already an option, and i've been missing it)
also, another bin would be nice (how hard can it be to release a minor update with an extra bin ??)

Yeah. That would be great. The reason I started carrying my camera in the first place was so I could take a pic of each find in order as I mark them. Otherwise, I forget what I found at which find point.

Yeah. That would be great. The reason I started carrying my camera in the first place was so I could take a pic of each find in order as I mark them. Otherwise, I forget what I found at which find point.

Maybe they could build a feature that allows us to create a favorites list - like Merc, token, etc. - that would come in as a pull down list to select from in the find point screen.

More like the V3i format screen/quality. Offer without GPS. Never know if your spots get tapped when you use the exchange2 update next time. My spots won't be in a book with U.S. GPS coordinants by Minelab for $89.95:lol:

More like the V3i format screen/quality. Offer without GPS. Never know if your spots get tapped when you use the exchange2 update next time. My spots won't be in a book with U.S. GPS coordinants by Minelab for $89.95:lol:

I can't wait for the US infomercial for GPS coordinates!

Maybe even discrimination by depth. No tones unless it's 5" or deeper

If I had not dug anything less than 5in I would not have these. The two barbers are 1899 vintage. Also not shown are several Indians, 3 war nicks, two buffalo nicks a v nick and numerous wheats.

The silver showing here were all less than 5 inches and dug in my last 4 hunts.

Attachments

• IMG_1840.JPG
    IMG_1840.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 125
If I had not dug anything less than 5in I would not have these. The two barbers are 1899 vintage. Also not shown are several Indians, 3 war nicks, two buffalo nicks a v nick and numerous wheats.

The silver showing here were all less than 5 inches and dug in my last 4 hunts.
Well, it would still be nice to have. In some of the areas here, you won't find anything old unless your digging 5-6" and deeper. My only seated so far was 10.5", Indians at the same location were all at about 7"

The one thing I would do is have a version that is not water-proof and thus be less expensive. I know there are others like me that have no place to water hunt thus a waterproof detector is wasted money. I don't know how much more it costs to waterproof a detector with special connectors and seals to keep things from leaking but I'd rather save the money and spend it on something I can use.:D

Charge port just like the headphone connector, IP68 when not in use. And a flood light when moister does inter the battery compartment. Get rid of the usb port and make it wireless, bluetooth

Back
Top Bottom