tallahassee

hrangelotti

anybody in tallahassee fl. know about getting permission for some of the swimming holes around here? has anyone been able to get permission for wakulla springs, mcclay gardens, any campground swimming areas? i've been to the fsu reservation with no luck.. ihave a feeling its been hunted out really bad. i got pull tab after pull tab from the 70's no moderns all in the water.. ugh still searching for gold:?::bling::detector:

Wakulla springs, lol. Yeah that's a no. :) I just metal detect playgrounds and my house. Which is the site of a second Seminole war army camp. :)

i actually asked a person at wakulla springs for permission and he gave me permission that day lol i detected the playground and found some change and a silver ring! but then i emailed the fish and wildlife commission and officially asked.. of course they said no but at least i was able to for an hour in the playground. i would love love love to get in that water and detect can you imagine the amount of jewelry that could be found in that swimming area? i wish there was a detector that was made really tiny or something that i could just snorkel in the water with:laughing:

HE LET YOU!?!?!! Wow! Awesome! I asked a couple years back (and I was just a little kid too!) and they said no. Dang you're lucky!

lol it was an employee.. i don't think he knew the rules at all. he said he didn't see why i couldnt do it so i went straight to the playground and surprisingly nobody bothered me and told me not to. but the ticks and mosquitos were bad so i just had to stop but not until after i had found my third silver ring for the year :D

Valdosta

Come up to Valdosta ...I haven't seen anyone here by sides my self and I have permission for the parks.Only rule they said was if you dig cover your holes.Found 6 ring and some WWII stuff.

Found this today

7z9v.jpg

PJ, this is a state park, so whoever let her, must have been a real idiot. lol. She's lucky though!

Lol. Man! I can imagine how much clad is in the water part and the beach! My MD isnt waterproof so id only be able to do the beach part anyways

Try going here.If you look in the comments people do hunt there so...might be a good place to spend a day hunting.

http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2008-aug-jacksonvilles-ghost-town-yukon

Thanks for the article.this does look like a awesome place to go lots of history equals lots of possible silver and good finds artifact wise I'll have to visit sometime..I wonder about the history in Tallahassee sometimes...maybe find an old neighborhood like that would be awesome

I checked the history here town was est in 1823 but for what I can tell most of the home where in dasher and the land is owned by open bible school now.

Back
Top Bottom