Teknetics Alpha 2000 help

Dirt_Diggler

I started off with a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV in July loved it so much I bought a Teknetics Alpha 2000, I gave the Bounty Hunter to my Dad so maybe we could hunt together. Ive had the Alpha for two days and I know there is a learning curve but when I set the disc. on my BH IV it very rarely went off on trash but my Alpha will go off on trash when the disc. is set only on dime, quarter, $.50 . I thought that was the whole purpose of disc. granted they have been rusty nails. On the plus side on all metal mode it finds objects at 10 inches. Reguarly on my BH I set the sensitivity at full power but on my Alpha I can only go 3 of 5 or it will beep with every swing of the shaft, is this detector that much more sensitive? Maybe it will just take time.

I have been trying to find some feedback on the Alpha for awhile and your the 1st. I have heard anyone say anything about one. It may be more sensitive or it may be falsing. Falsing is when the ground balance is way off for the ground you are detecting. If you got it from a dealer you could give them a call and see what they have to say or give First Texas a call and run it by one of the techs. 1-800-413-4131

makes sense

Makes sense because when I was doing the in home test with a siver quarter, foil and etc. everything fine but only on 3of 5 sens. any higher lots of interference.

Welcome to the forum. I am not familiar with the Teknetics 2000, but you might be getting electrical interference when you set the sensitivity higher. Also, many detectors indicate a good target over rusty nails. I know, I have one.:yes: I would check with First Texas and see what they say.

Teknetics Alpha 2000

---i realize this is an old post though it may be helpful feedback and I am wondering how the Alpha worked out for you in the end?:?:

I have had the unit for a few weeks now and mostly hunting parks. So far my time with it has been a bit frustrating. I have almost identical behaviors as you are having.

I am somewhat new to the hobby though I think this unit is very sensitive and I am almost always running it in the 2nd level of sensitivity. I tried the unit with an 7 inch concentric coil and could run it with almost max sensitivity though it seemed to have lost its depth. I ran a 9-10 inch depth test with the small coil no hit but with the stock 8 inch yes.

In summary If I keep this unit I am thinking of getting a smaller coil and would like to try a DD. I think this would help in the parks more with all the trash.

I have been digging rusty nails for years with all of my detectors no matter what the discrimination is set at. It's all part of the game. Now you should be able to find even smaller ones.

Back
Top Bottom