New to me spectrum xlt

bigtuna

Just bought this yest. SMOKIN deal from an old farmer, detector, whites blue max 350 ssnooker coil, no name headphones w/dual vol.cont. and soft case. Very very clean unit told me it's been in the closet for over 10 yrs, stored without battries, he put new in while I was there she came to life. Oh also of course came with the orig. Coil. Took it out today, played out one the ol farm trac, and boy doe S's it work nice, if it says it's trash, it's trash.

Attachments

• 20161221_181157.jpg
    20161221_181157.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 20161221_181226.jpg
    20161221_181226.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 222
  • 20161220_200632.jpg
    20161220_200632.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 148
I have a friend who uses xlt.

I have used just a bit.

Loads of stuff been found using them.

Congrats

Just in time for Christmas.

Cheers

I have one. It took me a while to get used to it. I would use it a while and then put it back and get out my old detector that I was used to. It was my first detector with VDI numbers. I kept thinking 25 was a quarter. I finally decided that if I was going to learn it, I had to use it. I really like it now. As with most of my detectors it's almost vintage but it still finds coins.

I've got one of those, it was my Dads, when he passed away , I took control of it. I used it a few times , and you are right, the ID on that thing is dead on . I never seemed to get a whole lot of depth , but I'm not real good with all that tweaking . Also I didint want to take it out and mess it up, he always took a little better care of stuff than I did ,so I didn't want to pi$$ him off from afar . There's a book out called Spectrum Secrets by Kevin Mulroony that's supposed to tell you how to really tweak that thing up . Good luck .

Thanks everone, for your encouragement, i just got the manual printed today, tryin to get through it, hog dog II'll look for that book, found a dime today , newer one , and some junk copper that marked as penny. I'll keep on kkeepin on.....rick

Many moons ago, I had one of the old first ones that came out.. The EAGLE SPECTRUM. The old blue one. Took me many moons to learn it. Back than you could find a lot of silver. It sure found a lot for me.. I miss it. Wish I never sold it.. KEN

Back
Top Bottom