Hello

Nuggetslayer

So I had put a post earlier about an Etrac or CTX 3030, and hunting with my dad. However, I never really introduced myself. My name is Jeff, but my buddies call me nuggetslayer. Yes, I'm primarily a nugget shooter, but getting back into coin shooting. I've detected for 15 maybe closer to 20 years, coin shooting was how I got into the hobbies to be honest. I've been chasing gold since I moved to the gold fields in 1998 (Just North of Sacramento California) and just fell in love. I have found pounds and pounds of gold, but I love hanging out with my dad, and he hates nugget shooting, says it's boring. He needs non-stop action finding the coins. So I was going to pull the trigger on a new CTX3030, but the old man wants an Etrac, and thought it best if we had the same machine so I can teach him how to use it. He currently has the tecknetics T2, which I think is just fine, but us guys always want something different. My machine got here yesterday, so I'm going out in the morning to get it dirty and figure it out. My GPZ7000 is super easy, and Minelab has been my brand since 1998. I like this forum, and hope to share some finds, make some friends, and have a bunch of fun. FYI, I did try that Sampson t-handle shovel, why did we not think of that before, a must have?

Welcome from WI

It's great you get to have time to enjoy with your dad, there is NEVER enough time for that.

Most of the coins were on the surface, but I did get this 1925 wheat penny about 4-5" deep. I dug a lot of junk that sounded really good, like big deep nails. As I learn this machine, I'll get better. I do like the Etrac, seems to be a good machine. I just need to get some silver under the coil

IMG_0602.jpgIMG_0604.jpg

Here are a couple nuggets, I don't mess with tailing piles, way to much trash in them. However they are a good indicator for sure!

IMG_0542.jpg
IMG_0540.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG

Ohhhhh! myyyyy! Yes, those are some NUGGETS alright! I gotta do that someday...I bet its a whole lot of work and all...lots of miles traveled on foot huh?
Mud

Back
Top Bottom