At pro coil covers usually fragile!?

OneStudPuppy

Forum Supporter
Anyone else have a at pro coil cover crack on them?
Had sand around it from last hunt was working it off like I have 4 or 5 other times and I hear it... CRACK! I am usually over gentle with stuff and have to say I was surprised to say the least. 15 bucks kinda blown.
Still useable but now with a gap!
Ugh

Attachments

• IMG_2298.jpg
    IMG_2298.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_2299.jpg
    IMG_2299.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 205
They all seem to fix differently too. Have one for my ACE 350 that fits well and I have never had a problem with it. The same cover fits the ATP, but the one I bought for the ATP isn't as easy to get on and off and I cracked it doing that. I glued it and put it back on.

The cover for my stock coil and the cover that came with the 5x8 coil are almost too tight on mine, I really hate pulling them off to clean under them. Almost afraid I am going to break the coils. I think it would be best to warm the covers over a heater vent or something like that before pulling off and putting them back on.

Fill that crack with some epoxy and it'll be good as new. The cover on my stock 8.5x11 is a really tight fit.

When bowwinkles sent me his Ace 400 to review...the coil covers were in the box so I placed them on for my 3 week run and review.

I had to email him and say "I am afraid to take these off...feels like they might break".

Not because they were poorly made...but because they were tight as all get out.

Yup, tight as all get out, and fragile from the molding process (cooling them down too quickly makes them brittle). Mine tend to break in the edges when I occasionally bump some rocks. Deus makes theirs to be much more robust, and easier to remove/replace.

Just use it as long as you are comfortable with it, then replace it. If it's still keeping your coil from chipping and getting scratched, then it's still doing its job.

I usually have to bend/wiggle mine quite a bit to get it off, but it has never cracked. Hope I didn't jinx myself by saying that, lol.

I have to say, for $15, I think a coil cover is a worthwhile investment. If it cracks just glue it or get a new one. Better than damaging the coil itself.

Yup, tight as all get out, and fragile from the molding process (cooling them down too quickly makes them brittle). Mine tend to break in the edges when I occasionally bump some rocks. Deus makes theirs to be much more robust, and easier to remove/replace.
Just use it as long as you are comfortable with it, then replace it. If it's still keeping your coil from chipping and getting scratched, then it's still doing its job.
Outch sounds like yours was more fragile in comparison. Yrs mine still would over all protect, just debating if I keep using it how long till it cracks somewhere else and starts falling off lol.
When bowwinkles sent me his Ace 400 to review...the coil covers were in the box so I placed them on for my 3 week run and review.

I had to email him and say "I am afraid to take these off...feels like they might break".

Not because they were poorly made...but because they were tight as all get out.
Yea id agree these seemed ok. But insanely tight. Was hard to get on even.
And I try not to take off to often but last camping trip was detecting on lake beach, so was pretty sanded..
They are tough to remove, but... they fit like a glove and do what they're supposed to do :)
very much so. And I debate gluing or spending and buying a new one. I'm kinda picky and all about taking best care of my investments.. I make little so I gotta make it last.

Fill that crack with some epoxy and it'll be good as new. The cover on my stock 8.5x11 is a really tight fit.
true. I may have to buy some and try it, maybe if I use some masking tape inside and have it hold together then epoxy the outside.

They all seem to fix differently too. Have one for my ACE 350 that fits well and I have never had a problem with it. The same cover fits the ATP, but the one I bought for the ATP isn't as easy to get on and off and I cracked it doing that. I glued it and put it back on.
I'd say about same here. Strong tight. If it was a little closer on the edges maybe I wouldn't get so sanded in lol!
The cover for my stock coil and the cover that came with the 5x8 coil are almost too tight on mine, I really hate pulling them off to clean under them. Almost afraid I am going to break the coils. I think it would be best to warm the covers over a heater vent or something like that before pulling off and putting them back on.
hurm.. Good idea!!!,warming may just make enough of a.difference to smooth out that removal..
I usually have to bend/wiggle mine quite a bit to get it off, but it has never cracked. Hope I didn't jinx myself by saying that, lol.

I have to say, for $15, I think a coil cover is a worthwhile investment. If it cracks just glue it or get a new one. Better than damaging the coil itself.

True. Would like to keep machine as spiffy as I can even though I've seen pics and videos they can take a beating lol

Back
Top Bottom