Recommend me some gloves...

Crumble

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
I've gone through a bunch of pairs of gloves, they don't seem to last more than like 10 hunts before they start developing holes.

Anyone find any really durable gloves that can stand up to the digging we do? That are cheap as well...

I'm thinking of trying some solid leather gloves or Kevlar gloves next.

Generally the $10 gloves from Home Depot with suede Palm

They had a different brand this time I went in, so I bought them, hopefully these suede Palm ones hold up.

I have used the gloves with the silicon or rubber on the palms and fingers for a while. and i have also used mechanic gloves from harbor freight. Ijust got some gloves from cabelas with gore tex in them

On the left are Wells Lamont all leather work gloves I get from Costco for about $20 for a pack of three. In the right are Red Steer knit work gloves with a textured rubber palm and fingers; $10 for four also at Costco.

image.jpg

The all leather glove lasts me about six months before I get holes in the fingers. When new, they are slippery when wet (Bon Jovi reference intended) and difficult to grab the scoop handle. I just picked up the Red Steer knit gloves last month and so far, so good. They are flexible, appear strong, and the textured rubber grips the scoop handle well. Both good for our California climate.

R5

Rubber palm ones look interesting, but I doubt it will hold up.

Maybe I need to work on my technique to reduce wear.

Back
Top Bottom