Anyone watch Walking Dead?

If they're so worried about loud gun shots, why don't they use 22s. Also if they are brain dead, why is the only way to kill them is a head shot ? When this series took off I could not believe all the high priced "zombie" ammo that was being sold. But what was more incredible was people were buying it. I have no problem with having alot of guns and ammo, but we will not have to defend ourselves against zombies. If someday the SHTF hopefully we will all be prepared better than these guys:D

Most zombie fiction is set in America because it's no fun watching English folk trying to fight the undead with butter knives.

We already know Rick is superhuman because it was hinted that he'd been in the hospital for quite some time after the outbreak. Following the rule of 3 (we can live for 3 minutes without air, 3 days without water, and 3 weeks without food) he would have dehydrated days or weeks prior to his waking up. While I don't recall it ever stating how long he was there unattended, you can use the decomposition of the flowers in his room and the bodies he stumbled across to get an idea.

Zombie flicks are about the only things I can suspend my disbelief long enough to enjoy if they get things so wrong.

If they're so worried about loud gun shots, why don't they use 22s. Also if they are brain dead, why is the only way to kill them is a head shot ? When this series took off I could not believe all the high priced "zombie" ammo that was being sold. But what was more incredible was people were buying it. I have no problem with having alot of guns and ammo, but we will not have to defend ourselves against zombies. If someday the SHTF hopefully we will all be prepared better than these guys:D

Yeah what make zombie ammo any different? I'd buy a box as a collectors item, but I wouldn't spend a fortune on bulk. From what I gathered at the CDC on the show, the zombies are not fully brain dead, the basic primal instinct portion of the brain still works but they have no thought, reasoning, or memory. 28 Days Later was more realistic in that they were not dead, just infected with a virus that made them go insane. I notice that they use some silenced weapons on the show as of recently.

Most zombie fiction is set in America because it's no fun watching English folk trying to fight the undead with butter knives.

We already know Rick is superhuman because it was hinted that he'd been in the hospital for quite some time after the outbreak. Following the rule of 3 (we can live for 3 minutes without air, 3 days without water, and 3 weeks without food) he would have dehydrated days or weeks prior to his waking up. While I don't recall it ever stating how long he was there unattended, you can use the decomposition of the flowers in his room and the bodies he stumbled across to get an idea.

Zombie flicks are about the only things I can suspend my disbelief long enough to enjoy if they get things so wrong.

That's true, I mean the flowers could have died before the last of the staff left as I'm sure near the end watering flowers was not a priority but still 3 days seems unrealistic, unless maybe they had him on an IV for fluids which helped give him a few more days. Some of the decomposed bodies outside could have been there for awhile, maybe the hospital was able to hold off for a few days, or weeks after the town fell. It's a fictitious event so I guess a lot of events have to be fabricated.

Yeah what make zombie ammo any different? I'd buy a box as a collectors item, but I wouldn't spend a fortune on bulk. From what I gathered at the CDC on the show, the zombies are not fully brain dead, the basic primal instinct portion of the brain still works but they have no thought, reasoning, or memory. 28 Days Later was more realistic in that they were not dead, just infected with a virus that made them go insane. I notice that they use some silenced weapons on the show as of recently.

Hornady's Z Max or whatever it is has a green insert and a brass case, other than that it's the same as the Hornady Critical Defense which has a red/orange insert and a nickel case.

Hornady's Z Max or whatever it is has a green insert and a brass case, other than that it's the same as the Hornady Critical Defense which has a red/orange insert and a nickel case.

Haha I might grab a box for show. I use Winchester PDX1 Defender in my CCW gun. I'm not paying $23 dollars for 25 rounds of it to shoot. I paid like $17 for a box of 50 PDX1 defender +p for my 9mm. If a zombie war ever happens I'll use cheap hardball.

Haha I might grab a box for show. I use Winchester PDX1 Defender in my CCW gun. I'm not paying $23 dollars for 25 rounds of it to shoot. I paid like $17 for a box of 50 PDX1 defender +p for my 9mm. If a zombie war ever happens I'll use cheap hardball.

I use the PDX in my .45, the Critical Defense in my 9mms. I got a great deal online on the Critical Defense last year, and the PDX was the only self defense .45 in stock when I decided to start carrying the .45.

Just remember guys, the walkers are attracted to the sound of gunfire. If it were me I'd have subsonic ammunition and a good suppressor on a single shot like a Thompson contender and then backed up with something like an AR style rifle chambered in 458 SOCOM with another suppressor on it.

Just remember guys, the walkers are attracted to the sound of gunfire. If it were me I'd have subsonic ammunition and a good suppressor on a single shot like a Thompson contender and then backed up with something like an AR style rifle chambered in 458 SOCOM with another suppressor on it.
hahaha relax robby. u'll get the thrill out of those suppressors...
been watching it since midseason 2. then on no turning back. i also wait a little more by watching The Talking Dead right after the TWD show.
The TWD and GoT are the shows that glued me to TV. good thing is they dont air at the same time tho Sundays but GoT starts in April...

UMP .45 with suppressor might work well. Basically there's a billion guns out in the open for maybe a few thousand survivors? They can carry anything they wanted, equipped with anything they wanted. Why don't they make an effort to kill as many walkers as possible. Make sound systems that attract thousands of them to fuel laced or explosive filled fields where you can burn them or blow them up, or hit some ammo stockpiles and just mow them down. I realize that they might not know how to work some of the military armor and artillery but they have all the time in the world to learn. It's time they go on the offensive.

Why don't they get on a cruise ship or Navy vessel. Anchor it a hundred yards off shore and use small boats to ferry supplies and people. They are floating cities and can turn salt water into potable water and have generators. Just empty the holding tanks into the water. They have extremely large fuel capacities and without having to run the props / main engines they could last a very long time on the fuel. Then move to another ship. :D

Why don't they get on a cruise ship or Navy vessel. Anchor it a hundred yards off shore and use small boats to ferry supplies and people. They are floating cities and can turn salt water into potable water and have generators. Just empty the holding tanks into the water. They have extremely large fuel capacities and without having to run the props / main engines they could last a very long time on the fuel. Then move to another ship. :D

haha, reminds me of the new TV series "Last Ship" about the Navy Ship that's out to see when the world goes to hell.

That might not be too fun, poor male to female ratio. Now maybe if it was a cruise ship it would be more interesting :lol::shock::D

haha, true but obviously for the TV show the Navy ship is loaded with hot females. Maybe do a remake of the Love Boat in which is survives the Apocalypse. :D

Back
Top Bottom