I feel Stupid.

GetDiggin

Forum Supporter
Ok so, I have been Metal Detecting seriously for going on 5 years now and I do not claim to know even close to a lot lol. I know the average amount of stuff, BUT I guess I didn't know a lot about my Diggers.

I have for YEARS thought Lesche Digging tools was made by Predator, I thought they were one in the Same, same with the Sampson. I mean when you get emails from Predator the name in the email is George Lesche lol, I never thought any different what so ever. So I emailed them today about possibly exchanging my new Sampson for the longer 37" and Predator tools told me they are not leschetools, but I am confused because if you Google "Lesche Diggin Tools" Predator is the FIRST thing to pop up. So who actually makes my Darn Sampson? lol and where can I find their darn website? I feel so stupid with this question.

Thanks,
Rich

Family business .. rifted if some sort caused a split .. Lesche is run by the wife if I recall.. I think Predator is run buy the son or brother of the original designer.. Google it there is info on the history..

Go for the Lesche...predator tools are usable...however they are two very different companies with two very different outlooks on customer service.

I will buy Lesche tools all day long...but wouldn't take a truckload of predator tools if they were giving them away.

Lesche Sampson is the standard in the industry, grab one of them and never look back. Best of luck to ya.

LittleJohn

WW Manufacturing is Georges Brother & Sister in which George Lesche worked at for a time and after a falling out with his siblings. George left WW Manufacturing taking all his tooling's and dies and with his wife Pamela started Predator Tools.

If you want a tool made by or at least overseen by George Lesche you need to buy from Predator tools. From what I understand George was forced out of the very company he founded. He then started Predator tools.

There is much info about the history of these companies on the net if you search.
George started the Lesche tool company, there was a separation or divorce and the Lesche name and tool brand stayed with the wife while he went off and started Predator Tools designing and manufacturing other products...some similar to a few in the Lesche line.
I believe eventually they reconciled and got back together, but the two companies are still run as two separate entities with different home offices and manufacturing facilities.

I can't speak about Predator service, I hope it is good because as soon as I tumble some dirty clad a Raptor hand digger is in my future, but I can tell you about my experience with the Lesche side and their service.

I am really hard on my tools and sometimes I do a little too much prying instead of digging so after a few years I managed to break my Lesche digger.
I sent it back to the address supplied by the very helpful lady after a call to the office, no paperwork or receipts were asked for or necessary, and within a week I had a brand new tool delivered to my mailbox on their dime

There is much info about the history of these companies on the net if you search.
George started the Lesche tool company, there was a separation or divorce and the Lesche name and tool brand stayed with the wife while he went off and started Predator Tools designing and manufacturing other products...some similar to a few in the Lesche line.
I believe eventually they reconciled and got back together, but the two companies are still run as two separate entities with different home offices and manufacturing facilities.

I can't speak about Predator service, I hope it is good because as soon as I tumble some dirty clad a Raptor hand digger is in my future, but I can tell you about my experience with the Lesche side and their service.

I am really hard on my tools and sometimes I do a little too much prying instead of digging so after a few years I managed to break my Lesche digger.
I sent it back to the address supplied by the very helpful lady after a call to the office, no paperwork or receipts were asked for or necessary, and within a week I had a brand new tool delivered to my mailbox on their dime

I can speak for predator customer service!

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=175833&highlight=predator+raven

That is how Predator Tools treats their customers. Plenty of good reading about their customer service on this link. Enjoy.

LittleJohn

Back
Top Bottom