Are these good gloves ("Level 5") for MD'ing?

Dougmeister

Elite Member
Cut Resistant Gloves with Level 5 Protection, $7.49 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35

(I don't have Amazon Prime, so shipping would be about $5 unless I find some other stuff to buy)

Someone on a Deals forum had this link that goes into *way* more detail than I could follow, but basically says that all "Level 5" gloves are not made equal.

He added the cryptic:

"these are EN388 NOT THE BETTER ISO 13997 / ASTM F1790-04"

(I love techo-babble)

So...

1) Would these be good gloves for metal detecting?
2) Are they overkill?
3) Is this a decent price?

Thanks.

that price certainly sounds good! :yes:

i think any gloves are better than not wearing any at all. :yes:
the ones i use are caller "Raptor" and the outer layer on the palms and fingers is kevlar and they LAST! they're listed for about $35, but i got them at wholesale price, about 20 bucks.
i've used much cheaper brands, the rubber dipped cloth ones, but i just found i was wearing out the fingertips on them and i'd be buying several pairs/year. my Raptors are still going strong after close to 3 years and thousands of targets later.
but those ones you listed there do sound like a decent glove! if it turns out that they're not, it's not a lot of money wasted on them.

Pete

http://www.menards.com/main/housewa...trile-dipped-nylon-glove/p-1798324-c-7086.htm

These are what I use. Ive used the same pair now for the last 10 hunts or so and they hold up fine. Breathable back and rubber coated palm and fingers makes picking things up really easy. Plus they are kinda "sticky" which makes wet things not so slick. Cheap, easy to toss one out and ya can easily pick up a dime or smaller items out of the dirt.

http://www.menards.com/main/housewa...trile-dipped-nylon-glove/p-1798324-c-7086.htm

These are what I use. Ive used the same pair now for the last 10 hunts or so and they hold up fine. Breathable back and rubber coated palm and fingers makes picking things up really easy. Plus they are kinda "sticky" which makes wet things not so slick. Cheap, easy to toss one out and ya can easily pick up a dime or smaller items out of the dirt.

+1 I care more about dexterity than cut resistant. I would never buy gloves without trying them on first. Some of the rubber coated gloves are so thick you can't feel a thing. Any glove will save you on the cuts as long as your carful. Thin and breathable are the two keys to gloves IMO.

Yeah. All I cared about was keeping my hands from becoming desert dry after a day of handling dry dirt or any dirt for that matter. Now my hands are clean, Under the nails as well, no matter how long I detect.

I just bought a pair that I like at Big Lots for 2 bucks that I like better than the rubber coated palms that don't breath well and become hot. The pair I bought are thin knit and the palms are covered with rubber 'dots.'

I use the green ones from Harbor Freight. They are like 7 or 8 bucks. I'm a carpenter by trade and wear gloves almost all the time at work. I also use them for yard work, mechanic work and detecting. Over the years I have tried many types of gloves and have found that these from HF seem to last just as long or longer then some gloves up to about $20. They are thin enough so you can still use tools or buttons on your detector, but seem to protect the hands pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom