(9/29 Hunt) Silver Quarters, Sterling Rings, And A Silver Relic :)

HistoryFinder89

Elite Member
Hey folks, this was my hunt from today, I went to a park that is roughly around 100 years old. It's been hammered over the years, ask anybody who's ever hunted with me and they will tell you the same. It's a certain style of park hunting, you have to sort of get into the groove as I like to call it. You can still make these places work, you just have to learn the language of the soil and your machine. This soil is infested with iron, so much that nearly half of the plugs I dug today had iron in the hole with the target. I dug nearly 50 pull tabs hoping for a gold ring, but once again, I didn't get one, maybe next time. This park is not only infested with iron, but it has a lot of trash in spots as well. It's really tough, if you don't know what you are doing, or get frustrated easy, you won't find much here. I dug 11 wheat pennies, the oldest being 1910, I also dug a double silver quarter spill, a 1953 Washington, and a 1930 SLQ, also in the hole was a 1939 Jefferson nickel. I also dug two other old Jefferson nickels, a 1957 and a 1954, and a dateless Buffalo nickel. Now onto the relics and jewelry, I dug two sterling rings, a small unmarked very old looking one, with three stones in the front, it looks very much like a 1920's era ring, I found it in an area of the park that was around during that time, and I also dug a large sterling ring, and this one is marked 925 along with maker's initials on the inside. I also dug a large signal, that turned out to be a mangled large piece of sterling with a neat engraved design all along it. This may be the largest piece of sterling I have ever found. It looks like maybe a piece of trim off of something. If anyone knows, please let me know thanks. And one more piece was this small pin that says Victory Liberty Loan 1919, I'm guessing WWI era loan. This would be the second WWI related item I have dug from this park. Here are the pics, thanks for looking and reading, and HH Everyone! :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 213
  • 20160929_210424.jpg
    20160929_210424.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 212
  • 20160929_210538.jpg
    20160929_210538.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 219
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 215
  • 94.jpg
    94.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 20160929_211342.jpg
    20160929_211342.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 92.jpg
    92.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 20160929_210606.jpg
    20160929_210606.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 210
Hi, wow some nice coins and relics you found. Love the old silver rings and pin you found.

Cheers and HH

Very nice hunt history finder.
I am not sure how long you hunted but that's one impressive take . Considering 50 pull tabs and other odd n ends and I'm sure a little clad.
I have also been trying to stay in that groove you speak of. Fighting threw the distractions and challenge of patience can make it hard for me to even find that groove sometimes. Last week I had a pretty good day but it took me almost two hours to settle down and after I did only 15 twenty minuets to zero in on some nice keepers . Then it was time to go home . Oh well , Awsum hunt and congrats on the finds and sweet stander.
HH , Dew

Wow great hunting congrats!

Hi, wow some nice coins and relics you found. Love the old silver rings and pin you found.

Cheers and HH

Very nice hunt history finder.
I am not sure how long you hunted but that's one impressive take . Considering 50 pull tabs and other odd n ends and I'm sure a little clad.
I have also been trying to stay in that groove you speak of. Fighting threw the distractions and challenge of patience can make it hard for me to even find that groove sometimes. Last week I had a pretty good day but it took me almost two hours to settle down and after I did only 15 twenty minuets to zero in on some nice keepers . Then it was time to go home . Oh well , Awsum hunt and congrats on the finds and sweet stander.
HH , Dew

Nice mix of finds, Congrats on the keepers!

Killer finds bud!! I'd love to hunt that park!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome finds! The WWI pin is an excellent save
Still trying to get my first SLQ.
Congrats again

That's a great hunt! Nice finds!

Nice hunt and way to pull those finds from a pounded spot. Congrats!
Thanks guys! :)

Back
Top Bottom