Savage familiy diggers

gunsil

Elite Member
AARRRGGGGHHHHH!!! I just watched a few minutes of the "new" "Savage Family Diggers" and am near puking. What a load of ****!! The fools supposedly found a cannon in a pond near Jamestown, VA. They used an excal without a dive shaft and pulled out an 18th century cannon. It was an iron cannon and IT HAD NO RUST ON IT!! Of course the lard face had to shout out his "BOOM BABY". TV only gets worse not better!! This show makes metal detector users and relic hunters look like jerks!! I think we should all contact Spike TV and tell them their show is fake and unwatchable !!

I don't watch TV, so no comments there.

However rust is ferrous oxide. It takes oxygen to oxidize the iron. At the bottom of some lakes, there is little or no oxygen. If it was an acidic lake, with low oxygen and it was deep in the sediments. It might come out with little or no rust.

There is video on YouTube of the Russians pulling out a Germany captured Sherman Tank that was painted with the black and white cross. As they tow it out of the lake, it looks nearly brand new, but it's been in the water 80 years. Put that in warm salt water like in the pacific theater... and it'd be a rusted blob.

{You are the sum of all your knowledge, if you keep filling up your head with trash TV....}

I did a program check and DISH has it listed as "Savage Family Diggers" for as far forward as I looked this afternoon. I guess they wanted continuity for the new episodes. Maybe I should start watching them. Maybe "Hitler" could find more to rant about. :)

You guys got to read the small script at the end.The old episodes says they are all re enactments of actual finds.You ought to look through the clips on youtube.Some of them took several shots to get an old man pointing a shotgun.Ric was rather calm looking down the end of a sawed off:laughing:
I heard this season Ric Savage digs up macho man Randy Savage.Right after he is caught yelling"Snap into a slim Jim!..Boom Baby!!!!!!!!!" That is why it's called Savage family diggers.He's digging up all his relatives this year and checking their skeletons for jewelry.:lol: Should be better than last year.LMFAO!:lol::nono:

Sad part is the American Savage show maked Diggers look decent. At least the diggers are using MD's and not radar and back hoes, dozers, etc.

hehe.. I believe these guys came down my way to do a 'hunt' and they all ended up getting sea sick. bad. I'll have to look for that episode for sure if it's them.

I love that show, it reminds me there are fat bastards bigger than me. Actually twice my size. That boy needs to put down the fork.:laughing:

I just looked up the description for the new episode up in DirectTV guide: "The family digs for Civil War artifacts on a haunted plantation." ... jeez, now they're throwing ghosts into it, what a freak show.

I was off today and caught some of the marathon on SpikeTV. I saw the one where they were hunting for Indian artifacts using a rototiller. But, now I know that my cigar box of artifacts has got to be worth about 50K. Can't wait for the new show to see if I have a $million worth of relics in the garage.

I haven't figured out what's the purpose of telling us that they hunted 3 more days and dug 16K worth finds. They don't show us any proof. Reckon they're fibbing?

ya idk how much i believe there find totals. i watched an episode earlier where they looked randomly in the beau in Louisiana and found a 20 dollar gold piece in an old milk jug full of pennies LOL they also managed to find an old silverware set a sword and a few other finds in 5 hours! Its a joke that reality TV has come to this but it is entertaining to watch!! I wouldnt be surprised if there is a new series out about Midget Metal Detectors LOL ;)

Fake show

when they blow the safe you can see the back blow out but when they look in it the back is in pristine condition.

I don't watch TV, so no comments there.

However rust is ferrous oxide. It takes oxygen to oxidize the iron. At the bottom of some lakes, there is little or no oxygen. If it was an acidic lake, with low oxygen and it was deep in the sediments. It might come out with little or no rust.

There is video on YouTube of the Russians pulling out a Germany captured Sherman Tank that was painted with the black and white cross. As they tow it out of the lake, it looks nearly brand new, but it's been in the water 80 years. Put that in warm salt water like in the pacific theater... and it'd be a rusted blob.

{You are the sum of all your knowledge, if you keep filling up your head with trash TV....}

Vethraxx, I am fairly familiar with old cannons. The cannon in question was found in a shallow pond or lake, and was a 300 year old cannon. It should have been rusty!! And the tank was painted. Also if the water was acidic it would still cause corrosion. Perhaps you ought to suffer through one of their shows and then tell us if you think their finds are faked, most folks think they are.

I think the only reason its the family savage now is cos they can all lie and none of them will 'come out' and admit to it.

His sons first find is a rolex, he finds a gold possie, come on...my wife has never watched any of the detextor shows and she was laughing at it...she just said this is so mindless.

Well duh.

A wrestler who has made his career from faking it is suddenly not going to fake it?.

Although id let him dig my garden for $3000...maybe he can get some exercise and plant some spuds while hes back there...:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom