Now I'm done...

Thanks everyone for the replies, I can feel the love from here:yes: I felt less and less like going out to detect as the summer began, and decided then that I was going to hang it up after the 500th silver. The last hunt was a 4 silver beach day in the pouring rain with Wahlie that scored me a ring and silvers # 499, 500 and 501.
I always seemed to have some of my best and most memorable hunts in the rain, and this was one of them...at least I went out at the peak of my career and not all washed up with the mojo forever gone...

Best of luck. Sounds like you are good with the decision. Plus you will get value out of your equipment. Guys who quit in the 80s have detectors that are now paper weights.

When the fun stops, it's time to step away from it all...Congrats on your retirement!

I'm sure you'll detect again. I still enjoy watching the hunts I filmed with you and DL. I'll never forget the 1916 Barber dime I found with your help.

Are you staying local in the move? Best of luck in the new job too.

If I find myself putting up borderline mandatory goals in order to "make it" in this hobby, it's time to quit. Detecting for personal enjoyment, without any stipulations, is what carries me through the "depressive" periods.

He isn't finished... I spoke with him yesterday... I think he was spoiled by the amount of silver he was pulling at the beach :lol: He needs to get a GT :yes:

This year I stopped keeping track of my silver and copper finds. Honestly I'm not sure how many silver coins I have dug this year, but not near my last years total. It doesn't matter anyway.

The way I look at it is I have nothing to prove. At worst if I skunk out, I got to enjoy a nice day in the water, in the woods, or in a farm field getting fresh air. With the pressure of totals gone detecting has been a lot more enjoyable. I'm also having a blast in the water! Changing it up can be fun too!

No no no!!! You were the guy I threw on the Minelab guys' faces when they started going on about how you can only find silver with a Minelab machine!

LOL. Just kidding. I am far from finding 501 silver coins so I guess I better keep on huntin'!

Back
Top Bottom