CCC camps finds

Coast

Found an interesting book on the 7 Civilian Conservation Corps camps located in Coos County Oregon. Went to the first one called Camp Coos Head in Charleston and found some interesting finds : 2 tokens for the jetty pool hall good for 5 cents in trade and a 1928 wheaty and a whole bunch of melted brass bronze melted into clumps. The camps were huge with upwards of 300 living in them at a time, have located 5 of them so far.

Attachments

• 97D716BF-6039-4D0F-97AF-93B9131E174F.jpg
    97D716BF-6039-4D0F-97AF-93B9131E174F.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 586
  • 3F66DCD9-E35F-42A4-A68A-79B3AFFBFA72.jpg
    3F66DCD9-E35F-42A4-A68A-79B3AFFBFA72.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 783
Last edited:
Awesome finds man, but i might recommend taking the map off your post unless you like company while you detect...

We had some of those here as well and I know a few guys who have found some beautiful old coins at one of them:yes:

Found an interesting book on the 7 Civilian Conservation Corps camps located in Coos County Oregon. Went to the first one called Camp Coos Head in Charleston and found some interesting finds : 2 tokens for the jetty pool hall good for 5 cents in trade and a 1928 wheaty and a whole bunch of melted brass bronze melted into clumps. The camps were huge with upwards of 300 living in them at a time, have located 5 of them so far.

Can you please repost the map? I would like to find some of those tokens!!

We have several camps close to us and the CCC helped build part of Reelfoot Lake State park too. The camps here are on private property now.

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Looks like this thread is originally from April 2018, but since it was bumped back up congrats on your finds. :good:

Back
Top Bottom