Hello from the Florida Panhandle

StevePcola

Forum Supporter
I've been lurking for months, reading and learning. I am near Pensacola and have ventured all over Escambia and Santa Rosa counties. I tip-toed into Okaloosa last weekend, but not for long.

I have a Garrett AT Max that is recently erratic, and I got the NEL Storm and Snake coils to go with it.

I've found some neat things, several of which I can't identify...which I'll ask about in the appropriate board when I can. I've found four Wheat cents, one silver Roosie, one light sterling ring, and an even lighter sterling pendant. Along with ~900 clad and modern coins.

I look forward to learning more from you members and contributing when and where I can. Thanks for the time and effort that you all put into this forum!

Welcome from Northwest Ohio. The wife and I was in Pensacola 34 years ago what a beautiful beach.GL &HH

Our oldest son and his family live in Destin. We were down there a while back. We made it out to the beach for a little while. I'm out there looking around and wishing I would have brought a detecter with me. I've heard though that the finds are far and few between on that beach there. I'm sure there are places around there that would be good to detect though. I might engage my brain the next time I am headed down there and pack a detector so i can try it for myself.

Welcome from the Florida Treasure coast.

Get a beach machine and clean up after spring break.

Family from Tallahassee/ Live in Mass

I've been lurking for months, reading and learning. I am near Pensacola and have ventured all over Escambia and Santa Rosa counties. I tip-toed into Okaloosa last weekend, but not for long.

I have a Garrett AT Max that is recently erratic, and I got the NEL Storm and Snake coils to go with it.

I've found some neat things, several of which I can't identify...which I'll ask about in the appropriate board when I can. I've found four Wheat cents, one silver Roosie, one light sterling ring, and an even lighter sterling pendant. Along with ~900 clad and modern coins.

I look forward to learning more from you members and contributing when and where I can. Thanks for the time and effort that you all put into this forum!

Welcome to the Forum
dennis

Our oldest son and his family live in Destin. We were down there a while back. We made it out to the beach for a little while. I'm out there looking around and wishing I would have brought a detecter with me. I've heard though that the finds are far and few between on that beach there. I'm sure there are places around there that would be good to detect though. I might engage my brain the next time I am headed down there and pack a detector so i can try it for myself.

On Pcola Beach, they have machinery (quite large machinery!) that sifts the sand every night, keeping the trash (and valuables), and dumping clean sand out the rear. I have no idea if Destin does the same thing, but, if they do, getting in the water is your only option, unless you find treasures shortly after they were dropped. If you get down this way again, let me know...maybe we can hit the Ft Walton or Navarre beaches!

Welcome from the Florida Treasure coast.

Get a beach machine and clean up after spring break.

I hate traffic. I seriously hate traffic. I avoid the beach during tourist season like the plague. I may wander down there this winter and beep it some, just to see what I find. But, man...traffic. :crying::grin:

Back
Top Bottom