Legend or Minelab 440 ?

Brucem

I know the Legend is the way to go, but I have a question about the multi frequency aspect. I happened to see a fellow Metal detector out in a field and stooped to talk. We went out the nest day and he brought the Legend with him for me to see. he used it in a field surrounded by power lines on all sides and he said all the multi frequency machines get a lot of interference from Power lines.
Should this be a concern?
Second question is can you buy a charger for the Legend or do you have to pick one out and buy it separate ?
For the price the Legend seems as good a buy as the Simplex is at its price range.
I used my Tesoro Silver max at the same time as he was using the Legend at the same field. The end of the day he had at least 10 coins and numerous other things and I had mostly pull tabs and cans. I was amazed at the difference at what we found.

I know the Legend is the way to go, but I have a question about the multi frequency aspect. I happened to see a fellow Metal detector out in a field and stooped to talk. We went out the nest day and he brought the Legend with him for me to see. he used it in a field surrounded by power lines on all sides and he said all the multi frequency machines get a lot of interference from Power lines.
Should this be a concern?
Second question is can you buy a charger for the Legend or do you have to pick one out and buy it separate ?
For the price the Legend seems as good a buy as the Simplex is at its price range.
I used my Tesoro Silver max at the same time as he was using the Legend at the same field. The end of the day he had at least 10 coins and numerous other things and I had mostly pull tabs and cans. I was amazed at the difference at what we found.

not sure what you mean by a charger if you have a cell phone charging adapter that has a USB slot then you already have a charging adapter the legend does come with the cable that connects to the Legend all you need is a cell phone charging adapter that plugs into a wall socket

I have both the Simplex and the Legend both are great detectors but I prefer the Legend over the Simplex, the area I detect has all kinds of power lines and a couple of cell towers in close proximity to where I detect, if you do a frequency shift when you first turn on the Legend that usually mitigates the EMI

the sale that Nokta/Macro has going on rite now to me makes the legend a no brainer, if you are going to be detecting areas heavy in trash finds or areas that have a lot of obstacles you would want to go for the pro pack which comes with the standard 11 inch coil and also includes the 6 inch coil and a few other things that are nice to have like a spare battery power bank and wireless headphones, the 6 inch coil also helps in areas that has issues with EMI

I just meant a dedicated charger, like a wall wort to plugin. How long do the batteries last before they need to be replaced?
Even that great price for the Legend is a lot at least for me, so I'll have to pickup the 6 inch later, that and learn how to use it. Its a big step up from my simple to use Tesoro, thats for sure.

Your friend was right about all SMF detectors being affected by EMI. What he might not have told you, is the "EMI noise reduction" you might have seen on detectors, does little to nothing. If you have problematic EMI, all you can do is lower the sensitivity, or switch to a single frequency.

I've used the Tesoro silver max quite a lot, and it was a superb detector for its time. And yes, it will be a big step up, and quite a learning curve going from that, to a fully featured SMF detector.

Back
Top Bottom